Alvin Kamara

Nex_Gen

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

He's a very good player. I agree with the people who compared him to Brian Westbrook.

Westbrook or Jamaal Charles is what I see. A smaller, quicker Arian Foster also comes to mind.

Smooth runner, has some great acceleration in the open field, very versatile, slippery and hard to tackle...he's got the goods to be a special player.

Ingram and Kamara are on pace to combine for more than 3,000 scrimmage yards and 25 touchdowns this season. Since 1970, that feat has been accomplished by exactly one RB duo: O.J. Simpson and Jim Braxton of the 1975 Buffalo Bills.

Ingram and Kamara are also on pace to become the first backfield tandem ever to each have 1,500-plus scrimmage yards in a single season -- Ingram's slated for 1,535, while Kamara's on pace for 1,591. Considering they're already the first RB teammates to each have 1,000-plus scrimmage yards through Week 12 since Earnest Byner and Kevin Mack of the 1985 Cleveland Browns, the Saints' 1-2 punch at running back deserves to be placed on a pedestal as one of the truly rare combinations in football.

Didn’t want to make a new thread just for this post, but it’s pretty impressive.

NFLs Bucky Brooks is the source

8 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Didn’t want to make a new thread just for this post, but it’s pretty impressive.

NFLs Bucky Brooks is the source

Who would have ever thought a team led by Payton and Brees would be so elite running the ball.

12 hours ago, MathMan said:

not even joking, he could be one of the all time best

He's pretty special, he was giving keuchly. Thomas Davis, and Shaq fits. That's when I realized how much potential he really has. He can run inside, outside, catch out the backfield and be split out wide.

His per-touch production is insane. Averaging 8.4 yards per touch on 145 touches. Obviously that number would go down quite a bit with more touches, namely carries, but still not something you often see. Even Sproles' great 2011 seasons in that historic NO offense didn't have that kind of per-touch production, as he averaged 7.6 Y/T on 173 touches.

We've seen two of the better 5 game rookie RB stretches, probably ever, this season:

• Hunt's first 5 games
    • 97 carries, 609 rush yards (6.3 Y/C), 4 TDs
    • 16 receptions, 166 yards (10.4 Y/R), 2 TDs

• Kamara's last 5 games
    • 44 carries, 363 rush yards (8.3 Y/C), 5 TDs
    • 28 receptions, 357 yards (12.8 Y/R), 3 TDs

9 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

His per-touch production is insane. Averaging 8.4 yards per touch on 145 touches. Obviously that number would go down quite a bit with more touches, namely carries, but still not something you often see. Even Sproles' great 2011 seasons in that historic NO offense didn't have that kind of per-touch production, as he averaged 7.6 Y/T on 173 touches.

We've seen two of the better 5 game rookie RB stretches, probably ever, this season:

• Hunt's first 5 games
    • 97 carries, 609 rush yards (6.3 Y/C), 4 TDs
    • 16 receptions, 166 yards (10.4 Y/R), 2 TDs

• Kamara's last 5 games
    • 44 carries, 363 rush yards (8.3 Y/C), 5 TDs
    • 28 receptions, 357 yards (12.8 Y/R), 3 TDs

Added them up for those interested:

Hunt 113 touches 775 yards 6 td 6.8 yards per touch

Kamara 72 touches 720 yards 8 td 10 yards per touch

10 hours ago, VanS said:

I agree.  Future Hall of Famer.  Multiple 1,000 yard rushing and 1,000 yard receiving seasons.  Possible league MVP at some point.

He's special.  Even better than I thought possible.  And I thought Marshall Faulk was a realistic comparison for him before the draft.

Alvin Kamara is simply amazing.

yeah, hes the first rookie in a long time that i felt is an instant star. i would watch saints games just to see him play. looking forward to this tnfs game against atl

Pretty rare player. The thing that stands out the most is how effortless and smooth he plays. He slips tackles that you rarely see at the NFL. He’s just incredibly balanced and difficult to get on the ground. I’m not sure anyone else in the NFL scores that goal line TD this Sunday. He was contorted backward, only to keep his feet and get into the end zone. I have a hard time finding a comparison...Faulk, Westbrook, Thomas, and Charles are close but just a little off. I also see a bit of LT and Barry Sanders. Like Moss...the game just looks easy to him. 

Archived