How are those rookies looking?

RaidersAreOne

16 minutes ago, cp0k2 said:

Probably mo-capping a new animation for Madden next year to go with the Mahomes dive pass. Cool-looking, albeit irrelevant stuff. 

Should’ve also done the knee pass animation with Jamarcus Russell

• Like 1

Notable Titans update:

1. Peter Skoronski: Dude absolutely stunk it up in the Titans first offensive series. I counted one snap where he successfully blocked his guy. He was better after, but the idea of him being a walk on elite OG seems done.

3. Tyjae Spears: He’s gonna be fantastic. He brings every attribute you would want to have in a RB to complement Henry.

6. Jaelyn Duncan: He looked way better than his first game. It was against Viking reserves, but he was outstanding against them. May end up developing into a useful backup tackle.

UDFA Eric Garrod: Might as well just stick him on the roster now. Not gonna be an all pro or anything, but he looks like a vet.

UDFA Caleb Murphy: I will never understand how he wasn’t drafted, but two sacks in the second half shows that he needs to be on the roster.

• Like 1

Update on Cleveland-

3. Cedric Tillman - Had a fantastic catch this week. Been quiet and outshined by Austin Watkins Jr (who will absolutely make the final 53 himself).

3. Siaki Ika - Has done nothing notable.

4. Dawand Jones - I will be shocked if he’s not a starter next year. He’s been fantastic in pass pro.

4. Isaiah McGuire - Has done nothing notable.

5. Dorian Thompson Robinson - The offseason and preseason darling. Really like his potential as a backup.

5. Cameron Mitchell - Has done nothing notable.

6. Luke Wypler - He has been solid, but has tough competition ahead of him.

UDFA. Mohamoud Diabate - Has flashed and made plays all offseason and training camp. Should make the final 53.

UDFA. Ronnie Hickman - 3 ints in preseason and is a 100% lock to make the final 53.

4 hours ago, Daniel said:

Notable Titans update:

1. Peter Skoronski: Dude absolutely stunk it up in the Titans first offensive series. I counted one snap where he successfully blocked his guy. He was better after, but the idea of him being a walk on elite OG seems done.

Has Tennessee entertained Skoronski at tackle at all, or is he being worked as a pure guard?

On 8/17/2023 at 2:58 PM, Soko said:

4.117 - Sidy Sow G/T - Just now is beginning to get reps at RT. After mostly playing guard throughout his college career, NE seems set on using him at tackle. Trent Brown’s taken a liking to him, and with injuries to Calvin Anderson and Conor McDermott, Sow’s getting a chance to work. Too early to say anything. He’s clearly behind at least 4 tackles when everyone’s healthy, though.

Got reps at right tackle yesterday, again largely due to other tackles being out. Haven’t heard anything about Sow playing guard at all, the team appears to view him as a tackle. Some good there, but a lot to learn playing RT. He’s got tools…but if he’s out there Week 1, I don’t think it’ll look good. 

6.187 - Kayshon Boutte WR - Had a pretty solid camp so far. Shown good hands and has taken to the coaching thus far, which was a worry. He’s unfortunately being outshined and probably won’t make the roster at this point. 

Making a roster push. NE might be forced to keep 6 WRs.

6.210 - Damario “Pop” Douglas WR - The biggest surprise of camp, he’s been maybe the best WR in camp (Parker has been playing well too). Didn’t play in the first preseason game, where the starters all sat. He may not see the field a ton with 4 receivers ahead of him on the depth chart, but he’s a roster lock IMO.

Roster lock. If Bourne or JJSS go down, he’s probably walking into WR3. He’s probably jumped Tyquan Thornton at this point. Signs are really pointing to Douglas getting regular season snaps - as a 6th round rookie WR in NE, not common.

I'm telling yall the league slept on Kayshon Boutee

I'm not saying hes gonna be a number 1, but I think hes gonna be a 2/3 for the next 8 years. He got alot of hate because he never got back to his freshman year production, but I think the league slept on him just like they slept on Sam Howell. He's gonna be a player for the Pats

On 8/18/2023 at 1:02 PM, ThatJerkDave said:

Hahaha, pretty much the same analysis I had.  You know what they say about great minds?  Well, they will say that about our minds too :P 

I do wonder what you have seen from Johnson.  I haven't been able to get everything, but to my knowledge all of the safeties really seem to be average.  Nobody has taken either spot and laid claim to it.  And both should be available.  I might give Innis Gaines the top spot at that nickel safety look, but he is hurt, and that is probably really Darnell Savage's best fit as well.  

I think as good as I feel about the CB room, I feel equally bad about the Safety room.

For a 7th round rookie I want to see growth throughout the offseason and so far we have a bunch of average to below average guys who are probably what they are at this point but AJJ has a chance at being something more if he can continue to grow. So far reports seem to show him getting better in training camp then he was a mini camp so first step out of 50 steps is completed.