Who Gets #1 Seed in NFC?

footbull3196

Who gets the #1 seed in the NFC at the end of the season?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the #1 seed in the NFC at the end of the season?

• Philadelphia (10-2)
    • Minnesota (10-2)
    • New Orleans (9-3)
    • LA Rams (9-3)
    • Seattle (8-4)

49 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Panthers only lost to the Eagles by 5 and that was with Cam playing at one of his lowest levels. I feel like we match up with them far better than the Falcons do, especially with Foles at QB

Well the good news is the Eagles will be home and Cam seems to play at that kind of low level fairly often...

IvzCpD5.png

28 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Well the good news is the Eagles will be home and Cam seems to play at that kind of low level fairly often...

This is true, but in all likelihood, Cam probably isn't going to play any worse than he did that game.  And we only lost by 5 in spite of that (it was tied at halftime).  This time around we will have Greg Olsen and the Eagles won't have Carson Wentz.

Couple that with the complete lack of playoff experience on the Eagles end (with QB Nick Foles) and I'm not sure why they would be favored against the Panthers but "maybe" against the Falcons.

Not to say we would win.  I thought the Philly defense had more to do with the win when we played than Wentz anyway, who we were doing a good job of slowing down until the turnovers and mistakes on our end starting piling up.  I'm just not sure why anyone would favor them.  Foles isn't that bad, but he's not very good either and the Panthers aren't exactly slouches on defense.  Cam is the most maddening QB I can remember and when he's off, he's off.  But the possibility of him being on, like he has been for the past couple of weeks (he was definitely better than the 64 QB Rating he posted vs Minnesota outside of a couple of throws towards the end - just didn't get much help from his receivers), is what would give the Panthers the edge for me.

2 hours ago, iknowcool said:

This is true, but in all likelihood, Cam probably isn't going to play any worse than he did that game.  And we only lost by 5 in spite of that (it was tied at halftime).  This time around we will have Greg Olsen and the Eagles won't have Carson Wentz.

Couple that with the complete lack of playoff experience on the Eagles end (with QB Nick Foles) and I'm not sure why they would be favored against the Panthers but "maybe" against the Falcons.

Not to say we would win.  I thought the Philly defense had more to do with the win when we played than Wentz anyway, who we were doing a good job of slowing down until the turnovers and mistakes on our end starting piling up.  I'm just not sure why anyone would favor them.  Foles isn't that bad, but he's not very good either and the Panthers aren't exactly slouches on defense.  Cam is the most maddening QB I can remember and when he's off, he's off.  But the possibility of him being on, like he has been for the past couple of weeks (he was definitely better than the 64 QB Rating he posted vs Minnesota outside of a couple of throws towards the end - just didn't get much help from his receivers), is what would give the Panthers the edge for me.

I also doubt there will be the penalty disparity in an eagles home playoff game like there was on that thursday night.  

5 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

I also doubt there will be the penalty disparity in an eagles home playoff game like there was on that thursday night.  

Eagles are 8th in the NFL in penalties.  Panthers are last in the NFL in penalties, 6 lower than the next team and 29 fewer than the Eagles.

It probably won't be as bad, but the Eagles have a tendency to commit penalties a lot more than the Panthers do (unless that Panther is Matt Kalil).

LEADERS
1. Eagles (12-2): They clinched a bye and can wrap up the top spot by beating the Raiders this week.

2. Vikings (11-3): A division championship is guaranteed and a bye is a win away.

3. Rams (10-4): Sunday’s slaughter of the Seahawks felt like a passing of the torch, but the NFC West hasn’t been clinched yet.

4. Saints (10-4): Beat the Falcons and the division title is theirs to enjoy.

5. Panthers (10-4): They need help from the Falcons before beating the Falcons to move up from Wild Card position.

6. Falcons (9-5): Monday night’s win was a big help to the defending NFC champions as they try to return to the postseason.

OUTSIDE LOOKING IN

7. Lions (8-6): They have the tiebreaker edge on the 8-6 teams, but a loss to the Falcons may make that moot.

8. Seahawks (8-6): A loss to the Cowboys this weekend will end the Seahawks’ run of playoff appearances.

9. Cowboys (8-6): They remained alive long enough for Ezekiel Elliott‘s return, but just winning out isn’t enough for the Cowboys.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/19/nfc-playoff-picture-everybody-wins/

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

LEADERS
1. Eagles (12-2): They clinched a bye and can wrap up the top spot by beating the Raiders this week.

2. Vikings (11-3): A division championship is guaranteed and a bye is a win away.

3. Rams (10-4): Sunday’s slaughter of the Seahawks felt like a passing of the torch, but the NFC West hasn’t been clinched yet.

4. Saints (10-4): Beat the Falcons and the division title is theirs to enjoy.

5. Panthers (10-4): They need help from the Falcons before beating the Falcons to move up from Wild Card position.

6. Falcons (9-5): Monday night’s win was a big help to the defending NFC champions as they try to return to the postseason.

OUTSIDE LOOKING IN

7. Lions (8-6): They have the tiebreaker edge on the 8-6 teams, but a loss to the Falcons may make that moot.

8. Seahawks (8-6): A loss to the Cowboys this weekend will end the Seahawks’ run of playoff appearances.

9. Cowboys (8-6): They remained alive long enough for Ezekiel Elliott‘s return, but just winning out isn’t enough for the Cowboys.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/19/nfc-playoff-picture-everybody-wins/

Cowboys/Seahawks is essentially an elimination game. Should be a good one this weekend.

The shape of the first round of the playoffs will run almost squarely in the laps of the Falcons these last 2 weeks. It should be interesting. 

Props to the schedule makers for making Falcons/Saints and Falcons/Panthers be the last 2 weeks. Those games are going to be huge.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Assuming the Eagles lock up the #1 seed and the Rams win this weekend, I'd throw the SF game if I were the Rams. I'd rather play Philly in the second round (if we make it) than Minnesota.

agreed x10.. But it doesn't matter.. Sooner or later they'll have to grind.. I rather CAR play MN.. Mcbabe seems to be unleashing todd more and more.

He's not super mad mike as of now.

1 hour ago, El ramster said:

agreed x10.. But it doesn't matter.. Sooner or later they'll have to grind.. I rather CAR play MN.. Mcbabe seems to be unleashing todd more and more.

He's not super mad mike as of now.

I want Carolina again also!!

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Assuming the Eagles lock up the #1 seed and the Rams win this weekend, I'd throw the SF game if I were the Rams. I'd rather play Philly in the second round (if we make it) than Minnesota.

Just don't lose to the Titans this weekend.... you guys still need to clinch. B|

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Not saying Vikings are a better team than Philly, but I do believe the Rams match up really well with the Eagles

59 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

No. That team worries me the most aside from at Philly. If Minnesota has any shot we need to be home the whole way through.

I'm more worried about New Orleans than anyone else. Carolina in Minnesota would be a win. We made some bad mistakes that we wont see again.

9 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Love how you continually by pass your Wildcard gm as though it's a foregone Guaranteed win??. Before talking of throwing games for who you "might" face in the Divisional Rd, Get there first!

Archived