Week 2 GDT: Bears at Buccaneers

Ty21

16 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

I know what you mean, I have thought about rooting for another team but I just can't. I just don't let it ruin my day/week any more. And this is the first year I told my wife that Sundays aren't off the schedule if she wants to plan anything.

I came to this conclusion when I had my first kid in 2020. It’s not worth the passion and energy I put into the Bears.

Whether they win or lose dictates how I feel for the next few days. 

Sunday’s are no longer off limits for me either. When the diehard fans feel this way something has to give.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Oh look, the ****ty owner is mad again yet continues to allow himself to make decisions on hiring GM's

Seriously… why not sell 51% of the share and be a minority owner and let someone like Cuban run the team.

These guys are clueless.

1 minute ago, Nads786 said:

I came to this conclusion when I had my first kid in 2020. It’s not worth the passion and energy I put into the Bears.

Whether they win or lose dictates how I feel for the next few days. 

Sunday’s are no longer off limits for me either. When the diehard fans feel this way something has to give.

I quit planning my Sundays around Bears games a year or two ago. Stupidly I did watch the game on Sunday thinking hur dur hur this time it will be different. WRONG! SSDY over and over and over and over and over again. 

1 minute ago, Pool said:

I quit planning my Sundays around Bears games a year or two ago. Stupidly I did watch the game on Sunday thinking hur dur hur this time it will be different. WRONG! SSDY over and over and over and over and over again. 

I was coming back from London and arrived just in time to watch the game and passed.

I haven’t watched a Bears / Packers game live since 2020. They are an embarrassment.

1 minute ago, Nads786 said:

I was coming back from London and arrived just in time to watch the game and passed.

I haven’t watched a Bears / Packers game live since 2020. They are an embarrassment.

I am jealous of your intellect. You absolutely made the right call. So so so so so over it.

So I'm thinking about going to the game in Tampa, but wearing a plain white t-shirt. I'm still hesitant about going and I don't think a Cutler or a Trubisky jersey would be appropriate. I haven't bought a Fields jersey until he actually does something. Last season I knew we were going to lose so I accepted it. Still don't know how to feel about this team after week one.

I tend to trust my eyes a lot in sports and I still have a good feeling about the team. I felt really good about the Cubs this off season and was surprised when they got off to such a slow start and not so surprised with their recent winning. The media tends to create their own narratives so I try to separate myself from that unless I really want to ride the roller coaster.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Im sorry, I just have to point something out here;

In week one Justin Fields threw for 216 yards on 65% completions and rushed for 59 yards, that is a pace for 3600+ yards passing and 1000+ yards rushing. 

Something about Goalposts comes to mind.....

Context bro. Context.

What is more annoying to read through: all the doom and gloom of all the fans coming back down to earth and smashing through the ground on the way to hell, or the obnoxious optimism before of all those that thought we were a super bowl team. That was never going to happen in one offseason lol. The pervasive whine of every single bears fan right now is probably more annoying. 

3 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

You cant play "context" one way and not the other

Again, this all stems from most of you thinking this team was any good for some reason going into week 1

No this stems from thinking they would have a functional competent team, they did not show that at all in any fashion against the Packers. 

41 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Im sorry, I just have to point something out here;

In week one Justin Fields threw for 216 yards on 65% completions and rushed for 59 yards, that is a pace for 3600+ yards passing and 1000+ yards rushing. 

Something about Goalposts comes to mind.....

He would also be on pace for 17 touchdowns and 34 turnovers

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

What is more annoying to read through: all the doom and gloom of all the fans coming back down to earth and smashing through the ground on the way to hell, or the obnoxious optimism before of all those that thought we were a super bowl team. That was never going to happen in one offseason lol. The pervasive whine of every single bears fan right now is probably more annoying. 

When does "won't happen in one offseason" excuse stop? Poles has had 2 offseasons now and they're not at all closer to being competent