Week 2 GDT: Bears at Buccaneers

Ty21

16 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

To be fair he has said that a bunch of times. I don't agree with his assessment, but he's been consistent. And I'm more than a little worried he's going to look correct after this year if yesterday's performance is representative of what the Bears are. 

That’s my point though. If he doesn’t like him, then he doesn’t like him. Stop putting on the facade, because it comes off as wanting to be “right” however it turns out.

To those of you who want to call Sunday some type of failure, I will again ask, what could he have done better in the first half? 10/13 for 104 + 35 rushing yards? We were then in a massive hole and he reverted to hero ball. Which is something that I and many others have called out as a area he needs to improve. Which to be fair to him, he really only does it when we are down and the game is likely out of reach, because he hates losing. Still needs to stop it, but I’ll take a guy who will continue fighting, instead of someone who just rolls over.

Again, there’s a lot of over reaction and lashing out, due to some unwarranted expectations. So I’m not shocked at a lot of what is going on here. But this isn’t Instant Noodles, it’s a full meal and it will take time 

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

That’s my point though. If he doesn’t like him, then he doesn’t like him. Stop putting on the facade, because it comes off as wanting to be “right” however it turns out.

To those of you who want to call Sunday some type of failure, I will again ask, what could he have done better in the first half? 10/13 for 104 + 35 rushing yards? We were then in a massive hole and he reverted to hero ball. Which is something that I and many others have called out as a area he needs to improve. Which to be fair to him, he really only does it when we are down and the game is likely out of reach, because he hates losing. Still needs to stop it, but I’ll take a guy who will continue fighting, instead of someone who just rolls over.

Again, there’s a lot of over reaction and lashing out, due to some unwarranted expectations. So I’m not shocked at a lot of what is going on here. But this isn’t Instant Noodles, it’s a full meal and it will take time 

Olsen called him out a few times in the first half for not throwing to his reads, I would like him to thrown to his receivers with some anticipation and not completely revert to checking down or running. Will it happen because either Fields just isn't it or because of the OL and play calls is all yet to be seen, but after one game I am not seeing improvement in his pass game which I called out all season last year.

I'm not expecting us to win this game but I'd like to at least see some semblance of NFL caliber play calling on both sides of the ball.

What we witnessed this past week against GB was elementary type football and no adjustments made by either coordinator.

I mean you can have a gameplan and all that stuff figured out but when **** hits the fan and doesn't work you have to be able to adjust on the fly and so far the Bears coordinators have shown very little ability to do that

Also would like to see less mental mistakes going forward. Too many sloppy penalties and missed assignments

Let's face it the Bears aren't close to competing for anything due to a talent/depth disparity... but man...at least they should be coached up well

21 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I'm not expecting us to win this game but I'd like to at least see some semblance of NFL caliber play calling on both sides of the ball.

What we witnessed this past week against GB was elementary type football and no adjustments made by either coordinator.

I mean you can have a gameplan and all that stuff figured out but when **** hits the fan and doesn't work you have to be able to adjust on the fly and so far the Bears coordinators have shown very little ability to do that

Also would like to see less mental mistakes going forward. Too many sloppy penalties and missed assignments

Let's face it the Bears aren't close to competing for anything due to a talent/depth disparity... but man...at least they should be coached up well

That's what sticks out to me. Last year the Bears were pretty competitive for a 3-14 team and it was thanks to coaching adjustments and coaches being flexible in their schemes. There was NONE of that Sunday.

11 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

That's what sticks out to me. Last year the Bears were pretty competitive for a 3-14 team and it was thanks to coaching adjustments and coaches being flexible in their schemes. There was NONE of that Sunday.

That’s what coaching not to lose looks like.  Fox did that a lot.  

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

That’s what coaching not to lose looks like.  Fox did that a lot.  

Ironically that strategy can often give the illusion of competitiveness when it keeps scores close, but the game is never really in doubt.  

Edited by dll2000
Typo

I'm in Florida and I probably won't go to the game. What do ya'll think. $150 for decent tickets (fair price compared to soldier field) just not sure If I want to spend an entire Sunday to watch a boring game. Last time I was at a Bears game Tom Brady and the Bucs carved us up and finished with a perfect passer rating. The time before that was Bears at Dolphins 2018 where we lost 31-28 in OT which was a fun game. Can someone can give me a single good reason to go? I dont want to be labeled a fair weather fan but after week 1 I'm considering myself a game-time decision

1 hour ago, anonymousGM said:

I'm in Florida and I probably won't go to the game. What do ya'll think. $150 for decent tickets (fair price compared to soldier field) just not sure If I want to spend an entire Sunday to watch a boring game. Last time I was at a Bears game Tom Brady and the Bucs carved us up and finished with a perfect passer rating. The time before that was Bears at Dolphins 2018 where we lost 31-28 in OT which was a fun game. Can someone can give me a single good reason to go? I dont want to be labeled a fair weather fan but after week 1 I'm considering myself a game-time decision

The price doesn't seem crazy, but honestly at that stadium I'd be watching the forecast, not sure I'd want to be anywhere but the south end zone watching a game at noon if it's hot or humid. 

Even when the Bears stink (or maybe I've just gotten used to it) I still love the sound and feel of a football game. Even if it's just coming from TV speakers hearing the crowd and the game sounds always makes me feel good.  Being at a stadium is almost a different game as I get so much less out of it unless I have great seats, but being there is just a special experience and you only get a handful of chances a year to make it real.

That said, if you were making expectations it's got to be that the Bears are ****ty on Sunday, and there's only so much joy you can get out of that. I've been pretty lucky where most of the games I see live are wins (last one was the Rams in 2018) and maybe I'm remembering it badly, but there is nothing so grouch-inducing as leaving a stadium where your team lost.  It's worse when people want to talk to you, or fight you, or rub it in.  Actually leaving a stadium always kind of sucks, last game I wqent to was a Cubs win over the Cardinals and fans were still trashing the neighborhood.  Saw some jag steal and smash a little flowerpot off a porch that had clearly been painted all nice by some little kid.  Sometimes I forget how irritating fan culture can be.  TLDR go if it's cool weather. 

2 hours ago, anonymousGM said:

Seems decently cheap. And the game will undoubtedly be better than last one.