Gary re-signed 4yr 107 mil

Rainmaker90

20 hours ago, MrBobGray said:

His pressure rate is great, he has no real physical ceiling, plays the run super hard and isn't even 26 yet.  It's crazy to imagine being disappointed in this.

There are some people that if a free cure for cancer was discovered would complain about how it will be a negative for the profits of hospitals and the Komen foundation

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Gary still hasn't ever had a 10 sack season. Hopefully that changes next week.

What's more concerning though is 6 out of his 9 sacks have come in 2 games, vs NO ans vs the Lions. So in 14 games this season he has had 3 sacks!!!!!!

50 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Gary still hasn't ever had a 10 sack season. Hopefully that changes next week.

What's more concerning though is 6 out of his 9 sacks have come in 2 games, vs NO ans vs the Lions. So in 14 games this season he has had 3 sacks!!!!!!

On this one my friend, we agree on .. totally.  Since his big contract, Gary has not been as good as some of his other teammates rushing the passer.  Maybe he's getting double teamed, maybe he's a little nicked up; maybe he's getting pressures without the sacks. That being said, he hasn't kept his rushing lanes well either as he crashes down way to much.  Haven't been as impressed with him this year.  Time for him to step up and get his crap together to end the season with a couple more sacks.

Gary has been on the side of a milk carton for a lot of this season.  He's also stood out in a bad way during some of the worst showings by the defense.  His ceiling is very high, but he hasn't been anywhere near that ceiling for big chunks of this season.

Gary is great as a pass rusher but he just doesn't care when it comes to contain on run. It's infuriating. You guys think we should use him a bit more like we used Zadarius Smith? Sometimes as a 3 tech on obvious pass downs?

I personally hope Enagbere figures it out cause that dude is a demon versus the run. If he can just become a 8+ sack guy is keep him 10 years.

On 1/1/2024 at 8:36 AM, GHARMON9 said:

Gary is great as a pass rusher but he just doesn't care when it comes to contain on run. It's infuriating. You guys think we should use him a bit more like we used Zadarius Smith? Sometimes as a 3 tech on obvious pass downs?

I personally hope Enagbere figures it out cause that dude is a demon versus the run. If he can just become a 8+ sack guy is keep him 10 years.

He's not even a great pass rusher.  Yet.

He's good.  But he's no where near the top of EDGE rushers.  

I still like the contract.  I still like that there is potential there to get better.  He's doing everything right.  He just needs to keep working.  I really, really hope that he gets a sack or two in this last game to get him to double digits on the season.

• Like 1