CFB coaching carousel- 2023-24 edition

thrILL!

https://247sports.com/article/2023-24-college-football-coaching-carousel-live-updates-news-new-hires-firings-219342384/

Syracuse: Georgia defensive backs coach Fran Brown is gaining momentum as the top target tonight in Syracuse's search for a head coach, sources tell 247Sports' Brandon Marcello. Brown, a New Jersey. native, was reported to be among three finalists for the job earlier today by ESPN. The other finalists: Holy Cross' Bob Chesney and Toledo's Jason Candle. 247Sports sources expect Syracuse's search to conclude by mid-week. 

Brown has spent the last two seasons with the Bulldogs after previously working in the same position at Rutgers and on Matt Rhule's staffs at Temple and Baylor. Brown is ranked No. 1 in 247Sports' 2024 recruiter rankings.

Apparently there are significant momentum being built for Houston to hire Willie Fritz as HC.  I'm not the biggest Fritz fan but I would support the hire.  I just hope he doesnt take 7 years to make UH legit like he did Tulane.  (in before someone says "its Tulane!")

Also they are interviewing Jeff Traylor today for a second time. 

Edited by Texansfan713

11 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Apparently there are significant momentum being built for Houston to hire Willie Fritz as HC.  I'm not the biggest Fritz fan but I would support the hire.  I just hope he doesnt take 7 years to make UH legit like he did Tulane.  (in before someone says "its Tulane!")

Also they are interviewing Jeff Traylor today for a second time. 

What do you consider legit. He got them bowling in year 3. 

I legit think think he is one of the top 5 coaches in college football. There maybe more better for the top programs where it is more important that you can recruit great than coach great, but for a power 5 school I don't think you can do better.

On 11/26/2023 at 7:13 PM, Scalamania said:

Imagine paying all that money to fire Jimbo and then turn around and hire Elko, you hate to see it. 

I actually think Elko is a great hire for TAMU. His teams at Duke were well coached, and he was good at getting the best out of the talent they had. Any time you hire an up-and-comer, it's a risk, but I like Elko's profile and fit there. It's weird, because the Aggies usually do the stupidest things do to their delusional fanbase. But they may have gotten this one right.