Chargers Fire HC Brandon Staley and GM Tom Telesco

AFlaccoSeagulls

39 minutes ago, Xenos said:

But isn’t Lynch still super young though? Why would he leave?

He's been tempted to leave already when Amazon came calling. Supposedly they were offering some big money. So its possible that he'll look to go that route if they win the super bowl, as Adam said. 

Also, it didn't get a lot of publicity, but when he got his extension earlier this year, he also got a promotion to president of football ops. Very quiet and people didn't make a lot of it, but you can go back years and see niners fans on here asking why Lynch wasn't made head of football ops and Peters GM. So even if he didn't just leave, the team completely, there's a chance that he just moves full time into that role. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

That Lincoln Riley is even getting those kind of odds and not much longer ones is more than amusing.  Dean Spanos isn't buying Riley out of his deal with SC and then paying him more than he was already making on that deal to bring him to the pros.  If anything, all these oddsmakers are doing is a huge favor for Riley to allow him to bilk more money out of USC.

More than anything, the Chargers need a culture guy at HC.  Traditionally, that's someone with already-established bonafides as a HC and not a first-timer (DeMeco was the last first-timer I can think of that was also an apparent culture guy).  I'm not sure that's Dan Quinn - who, I'll be honest, feels very Staley rehash to me (guy getting fluffed by that immense talent on his unit and not because he's building up his players to play beyond their physical gifts).  If it were me and I were looking at a defensive-minded coach, I'd be more inclined to look Brian Flores' direction.  I'd need to do more research into Lou Anarumo, but he's the only first-timer that comes to mind that could be a culture guy aside from maybe Martindale.  They won't do it - and to be honest I feel he's likely a couple years out from serious consideration by anyone - but Anthony Weaver is going to be a successful HC in this league in the relative future.  Of that, I'm very confident.

23 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

More than anything, the Chargers need a culture guy at HC.  Traditionally, that's someone with already-established bonafides as a HC and not a first-timer (DeMeco was the last first-timer I can think of that was also an apparent culture guy).  I'm not sure that's Dan Quinn - who, I'll be honest, feels very Staley rehash to me (guy getting fluffed by that immense talent on his unit and not because he's building up his players to play beyond their physical gifts).  If it were me and I were looking at a defensive-minded coach, I'd be more inclined to look Brian Flores' direction.  I'd need to do more research into Lou Anarumo, but he's the only first-timer that comes to mind that could be a culture guy aside from maybe Martindale.  They won't do it - and to be honest I feel he's likely a couple years out from serious consideration by anyone - but Anthony Weaver is going to be a successful HC in this league in the relative future.  Of that, I'm very confident.

I would be interested in Flores if he wasn’t part of the Belichick tree and he didn’t screw with the offense and Tua so much while with Miami. Having essentially two OCs at one point was nuts.

8 hours ago, Xenos said:

@Forgewho’s a good GM candidate on the Niners?

@Kiltman same question but for the Eagles.

@diamondbull424what about the Ravens?

Ravens I’d have to think that Joe Hortiz, our director of college scouting, would be the most obvious choice to get a GM job next. He’s used to speaking during draft time with his media obligations. He’s well spoken, seems sharp, has been doing this for some time, and seems to be confident and decisive.

• Like 1

Jim Harbaugh is my first choice albeit a very unlikely one. Brian Flores comes in at number 2 but I’m not much more of a coin flip over Bissacia. I don’t expect either one to make a huge impact with this franchise although Bissacia has been in the league a long time and hopefully has a lot of contacts to fill out a staff. 

15 years ago I’d have been ecstatic to have the hoody but I’m not sold on him anymore. He’s really old and I’m not sure he’s all in anymore. 

I have zero interest in Dan Quinn. It’s not like the old days where I wanted Mariucci and ended up with McCoy. 

There just isn’t anyone out there that I feel is a home run waiting to happen. Bienemy checks a couple of the boxes but also his past makes me not want to potentially deal with a circus. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xenos said:

I would be interested in Flores if he wasn’t part of the Belichick tree and he didn’t screw with the offense and Tua so much while with Miami. Having essentially two OCs at one point was nuts.

It was but I think Flores could thrive in LAC given they have an established franchise QB already. He pretty clearly never wanted to deal with developing a young QB here, preferred a veteran. He's a legitimate defensive mind, though, and deserves another shot.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Xenos said:

@Forgewho’s a good GM candidate on the Niners?

@Kiltman same question but for the Eagles.

@diamondbull424what about the Ravens?

Hmm

Brandon Hunt, Director of Scouting, was the favorite to get promoted in Pittsburgh before they went with Khan and Wiedl as their top two guys. Will probably get a shot at being a GM.

Alec Halaby, Asst GM and Anthony Patch, Senior Director of College Scouting are long time Howie assistants. Probably gone as high as they can.

Connor Barwin has been on a fast track in the organization. I don’t think he’ll leave, seems happy to stay…. But know clue how big he wants to go with his career. Came back after he was done playing.

Matt Russell and Dave Caldwell are senior admin people, Caldwell had that long stint with the Jags as GM. Russell was in the Broncos Organization 09-20 then came back to the eagles. Got a DUI, so that put his career on ice a couple years it seems.

Adam Berry, Brother of Cleveland GM Andrew Berry, including him because he seemed like the latest fast tracked to leave guys like Hunt like his Brother was…compared to the long standing guys like Patch.

• Like 1