Super Bowl LVIII: Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Francisco 49ers

Chiefs or 49ers  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Super Bowl 58?

• Chiefs
    • 49ers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/11/2024 at 11:30 PM

It was a great game. Its just as simple. The Chiefs had Mahomes and the Niners didnt. Purdy didnt play bad but he just wasnt Mahomes who figured it out and got the ball in the endzone in the clutch were as Purdy got only so far and had to settle for FGs.

I will keep saying this about the Niners. They keep trouting out there FINE QBs but they dont have THE QB. The last three four Superbowl winners were Mahomes, Brady, Stafford, and Mahomes. All those QBs were difference makers especially when their teams HAD TO HAVE IT. Elite QBs. Until the Niners get that type of QB they will always come short unless they are playing another QB in the Superbowl that is equal too or less than their starting QB.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Kyle blew this game.

I don't know if I want to go back to the Super Bowl anymore.

My feelings have changed. Just don't think we'll ever win under Shanahan. 

Honestly might take a year long break from football, and just casually tune in. 

Really? Just hand it to the Chiefs. They won it.

Unless you want to say it was RIGGED

Just now, BetterCallSaul said:

I thought his biggest snafu was receiving first in OT. I def would’ve kicked. 

Actually i think his defense being tired coming off a long Chiefs drive at the end of the game was a big reason he put the O on the field.  Honestly not a bad idea because the defense after the long 49er drive looked pretty fresh the 1st few downs and almost had them.

Just now, incognito_man said:

I don't understand the decision to take the ball first for Shanny. Isn't it a HUGE advantage getting the extra down since you know exactly what you need to do if you go second?

Defense was just on the field, give them a breather.

• Like 1

Such a waster opportunity from the 49ers. Getting this version of the Chiefs without the explosiveness on offense, with Pat looking off for 3 quarters... 

Think they should have played the odds a little bit more. I know people hated Dan Campbell, but sometimes you have to take risks to try and win it. 

Just now, Forge said:

Oh I forgot about that. 

I think some people will be more forgiving, but I probably would defer 

I have to think they thought they were playing by the regular season rules where you win on the first drive if you score a TD. Otherwise, the decision makes no sense.

3 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Kyle Shannahan is never going to shake those choker allegations unfortunately...

Losing by a score to Mahomes and the Chiefs in the Super Bowl in overtime doesn't really make you a choker.  I think he will get over the hump before he's finished.  They just need to bring in Kirk-O-Chains next year.