I am looking for a team to follow outside of the Browns

Kiwibrown

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

I may divorce the Browns. I may not. I may leave them and if they come ok I will go back to them. As a Browns fan i have put up wit ha lot over the last 20 years. We are at rock bottom and now digging. 

Im definitely thinking of becoming a swinger for the rest of the year and next year. 

Im not going to go for anyone else in the AFC north. Or the Patriots. 

Who should I follow?

Join the Steelers fans. You'd fit right in with the people that left the Browns. Just don't expect to be let back on the bandwagon in 31 years when we win 9 games.

Outside of the Saints, I tend to root for and follow specific players more so than teams.  As those players hop around to different teams, I'll kinda root for those teams.

If the Saints dissolved the franchise, I'd choose the Texans to follow.

Also, I'd stay a Browns fan if I were you.  If and when that superbowl does come, it's going to be the best superbowl of all time.

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

I may divorce the Browns. I may not. I may leave them and if they come ok I will go back to them

Don't do it!!!!!!!

When 2 people truly love each other, these occasional problems can be worked out:

Image result for loving couple

Don't focus on whatever it is between the two of you right now; think of the good times!

Image result for browns worst draft picks

The first thing you need to ask yourself: why are you a Browns fan? Is it inherited? Was it random?
This is an important question because it answers how loyal to the team you should be. If you were born in Cleveland and your entire family are die-hard Cleveland fans, that's a little more deeper than, say, you hit "random" in a Madden demo at a video game shop back in 2007 and it landed on the Browns. Or if you chose them because you liked their uniforms.

Honestly there's no shame in divorcing the Browns if there's no rhyme or reason for your fandom IMO. 

The second thing you need to ask yourself: why are you thinking of jumping ship?
Obviously it's painful. But 31 fanbases feel pain every year one way or another. Is it instant gratification you want? It'd be easy to randomly hitch your wagon to the Patriots, Packers, and pretty much any other franchise with an elite quarterback, if wins are what you want.

The third thing you need to ask yourself: what do you want out of the new team?
Again, is it wins? Is it hope? Is it cool uniforms? A cool logo?

The fourth thing you need to ask yourself: what's stopping you from jumping ship?
Because if it's nothing, then what are you waiting for?

Honestly if you're going to follow another team I'd pick a franchise that has a stable front office, a passionate fan base, a team with some personal ties (where you work, lived, family lives, etc.) and lack of Super Bowls. IMO it's lame as hell to bandwagon on a team that has tons of Super Bowls already. Woohoo team ___ won its fifth Super Bowl! The first one is the sweetest.

Philly will take you.

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

I wonder how many people got infuriated at "I may get frustrated at the Pats". Like it's so hard for you to be Pats fan. 

Lmao, right?? My dad is a Pats fan and it always cracks me up when he complains to me about the Patriots losing (the rare times they do). Like he expects any sympathy from a Browns fan. xD

But I'm disappointed in you, @Kiwibrown. I know it's tough being a Browns fan, but it builds character... along with a deep sense of melancholy. But I'm going down with the ship! The ship that has been sinking since as long as I've been a fan...

1 hour ago, Forge said:

We need more Colts posters so @stallyns isn't in there just talking to himself, growing out his hair and fingernails Howard Hughes style. 

Join the Colts bandwagon. All of the cool kids are doing it. 

Eh, that's not much better than being a Browns fan. They suck too, but at least the Browns forum is fun and lulzy.

21 minutes ago, bzane said:

Don't do it!!!!!!!

When 2 people truly love each other, these occasional problems can be worked out:

Image result for loving couple

Don't focus on whatever it is between the two of you right now; think of the good times!

I strongly dislike you.

1 hour ago, everlong said:

True fans don't abandon their team. I may get frustrated with the Pats, but I wouldn't "divorce" them.

yea, the browns left us once and have been the worst franchise since they've returned bringing us nothing but misery.  any fan of a team thats won 5 super bowls in the past 2 decades doesnt get to tell us what is and isnt part of true fandom

1 hour ago, Forge said:

We need more Colts posters so @stallyns isn't in there just talking to himself, growing out his hair and fingernails Howard Hughes style. 

Join the Colts bandwagon. All of the cool kids are doing it. 

YES, YES, by God, I don't care if it is sentimental; nothing could give me greater pleasure than to see my old pal @stallyns find Peace, and Joy, and Love, and maybe even another poster :o, this holiday season! He's been a brave and lonely voice, crying in the wilderness, ever since Reg bailed; let us support this fine man, this Christmas, and for years to come!

As Tiny Tim (the singer) once said, God help us, everyone!

Image result for Christmas Indianapolis Colts

Archived