Bills trade WR Stefon Diggs (plus 2024 6th & 2025 5th) to Texans for 2025 2nd

The Gnat

18 minutes ago, VigilantZombie said:

Do the Bills have anyone left at WR? Maybe Tyler Boyd getting signed here?

No superstar.

Samuel is solid (albeit not ideal as a WR1) and Shakir was their best and most consistent WR by the end of the year but he won’t be a 1.

Hollins is a JAG. Shorter is a redshirt sophomore and everyone else is camp fodder atm.

Huge opportunity for the rookie that comes in 

53 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

We’re not expecting something to come out in the wash regarding Nico or Tank are we…?

It could make sense to trade Nico, depending on how much they like Noah Brown & what he can do over the next couple years

Or maybe Houston is playing 4d chess.. bring in a target hog to depress your star WR's value for a year, then sign him to a much more team friendly contract and let Diggs walk for a comp pick 

• Like 1

Not sure I like the trade from the Texans' perspective. 
You already have Collins and Dell, why not draft a WR3 in this deep WR draft this year? There's too many mouths to feed. 
But at least I understand it, they're going for it in 2024-25 with Stroud on his rookie contract. 

• Like 3

This is kind of what has to happen when you finally pay your franchise QB. It happend in KC too except they had Mahomes and Chris Jones on D.....The Bills have Allen and Oliver.....good duo but clearly not that

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Bills went all-in last year and the past few years. Now they're trying to reload. This feels a LOT like the Cardinals after 2021. Yeah, the Bills have had more sustained success, but just the approach with big ticket names and now a lot of uncertainty. Maybe they have guys lined up at all those spots, but they're mostly unproven. Doesn't mean it won't work. But it didn't for the Cards.

Going into 2021, the difference-makers listed on the roster would be:

• CB Robert Alford

• CB Malcolm Butler

• EDGE Chandler Jones

• EDGE Markus Golden 

• DE JJ Watt

• S Budda Baker

• MLB Jordan Hicks

• RB James Conner

• QB Kyler Murray

• WR DeAndre Hopkins

• WR AJ Green

• C Rodney Hudson

• LT DJ Humphries

After the season, a lot of those players were gone and by the end of 2022 all but four of those thirteen were gone. Not to mention a lot of supporting players like CB Byron Murphy, DE Zach Allen, LG Justin Pugh, LB/S Isaiah Simmons, and WR Christian Kirk.

This year's Bills team smells like the "reload" right before a rebuild. 

50 minutes ago, MagicMT said:

Not sure I like the trade from the Texans' perspective. 
You already have Collins and Dell, why not draft a WR3 in this deep WR draft this year? There's too many mouths to feed. 
But at least I understand it, they're going for it in 2024-25 with Stroud on his rookie contract. 

Texans need proven players right now not draft capital.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

We’re not expecting something to come out in the wash regarding Nico or Tank are we…?

Tank Dell is a good football player, but I think the Texans are right to assume that a 165 guy isn't going to hold up over an entire NFL season unless you keep his workload light.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Do the Bills have the ammo to get into the top 6/7 for one of the big 3 WRs?

Once again to copy the Chiefs, I dont think thats the plan, I think they will basically hope for a Rashee Rice type player to drop to them, maybe fill some defensive holes....They have to build a young team so they have needs everywhere....if anything they move back.....they lost a ton on defense

• Like 1