What to do with pick 25

23 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I've said that every year when I look at most every draft we've ever been in.  

It's the logical thing to do.  Trade back, accumulate picks, see who pans out.  The more picks you have the more likely you are to "hit" on picks.

I would normally agree but I find this year is very different. Our need and BPA and the drop off talent doesn't equate to a trade up. 

2 hours ago, Brit Pack said:
2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Gute said in his presser today that he'd like 13 to 14 draft picks ideally.  He's probably much more apt to trade back under a scenario like that.  Could all be draft speak, but I think he might be looks not to add picks and a trade back in round one could net him an extra pick or two.  

My opening take and preference is really a trade down

I think down from 25 to the 28-35 range and adding a pick in the 75-100 range

• Like 2

Just now, OneTwoSixFive said:

i'd do that

Carolina likely wouldn't.  The value is fine, but I don't see teams clamoring going up the board that lightly for that kind of price tag.  Plus, I don't see Carolina as being overly keen on moving off their already limited picks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Gute said in his presser today that he'd like 13 to 14 draft picks ideally.  He's probably much more apt to trade back under a scenario like that.  Could all be draft speak, but I think he might be looking to add picks and a trade back in round one could net him an extra pick or two.  

I mean, he's had 3 trade ups involving FRPs: Jaire Alexander, Darnell Savage, and Jordan Love.  And even then, I'd argue the Jaire Alexander trade up was rather cheap and was a byproduct of Seattle's limited draft capital (traded to NYJ for Sheldon Richardson) and their working history together.  And to move up to get Savage, the Packers have dealt a pair of 4th round picks to select Savage and a single 4th round pick to move up for Jordan Love.  I feel like a single 3rd round pick plus change is the most that Gute would seriously consider moving up the board with, so you're talking about something in that 17-20 range.

21 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Carolina likely wouldn't.  The value is fine, but I don't see teams clamoring going up the board that lightly for that kind of price tag.  Plus, I don't see Carolina as being overly keen on moving off their already limited picks.

I think you're right given Carolina's lack of picks; however, if Brian Thomas Jr is there they might think long and hard.    David Tepper loves his splash picks and is an impatient man.   They're clamoring for a #1 WR and he's the most projectable in that role vs McConkey or AD which may be the next best options.   BTJ could be just the player they need to pair with Diontae Johnson, Adam Thielen and Jonathan Mingo as they all are better working intermediate routes.     

11 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

When do we play Rutgers next season? 

No more Iowa guys, please.

Iowa produces good football players. They're not a big time program because they have a neanderthal offense. 

Am i the only one who pronounces his name so that Jean sounds like Sean (ie. Jean Paul).  I know midwesterners pronounce words super weird like Des Plaines.  

Edited by thrILL!

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

Am i the only one who pronounces his name so that Jean sounds like Sean (ie. Jean Paul).  I know midwesterners pronounce words super weird like Des Plaines.  

I pronounce his first name "Coopère"

(I'm Canadian)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kampfgeist said:

I think you're right given Carolina's lack of picks; however, if Brian Thomas Jr is there they might think long and hard.    David Tepper loves his splash picks and is an impatient man.   They're clamoring for a #1 WR and he's the most projectable in that role vs McConkey or AD which may be the next best options.   BTJ could be just the player they need to pair with Diontae Johnson, Adam Thielen and Jonathan Mingo as they all are better working intermediate routes.     

Yes, there would need to be bait for Carolina to bite.  They don't lose picks since it's two for two. Like you said- their owner likes the splash AND they still have #39.