2024 Day 1 NFL Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

CWood21

3 minutes ago, Chili said:

Barton and Morgan has exactly the same arm length. Morgan has bigger hands. Both are easy movers, Both almost the same height and weight. Beauty in the eye of the beholder scenario really.

Morgan has the right amount of starts though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

He's solid in both ground and pass with room to grow in both.

I really don't know what's there is to hate about this pick.

the only and i mean ONLY thing you can say is you might want to trade down 3-5 spots.  But it takes 2 to tango!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Everyone got themselves really excited about DeJean and then it didn't happen. Which is a pretty classic Packers fan draft day experience.

Edited by Striker
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I just have to trust the guy who executed the last two drafts knows more than anybody on this board about evaluating players. 

I'm gonna love it until proven otherwise. 

I'm with you. The first thing I immediately thought was our discussion about developing someone behind Walker for a year or two. Looks like Morgan is that guy.

1 minute ago, Striker said:

Everyone got themselves really excited about DeJean and then it didn't happen. Which is a pretty classic Packers fan draft day experience.

I've been pretty set on a Tackle for a gooood long while so maybe that's why I'm not too upset. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kampfgeist said:

I love the addition to the OL room.   If they graded him higher than Barton so be it.     Rhyan and or Walker are on notice

That's basically where I am at.  Gute had his choice between board darling Barton and Morgan, and he went with Morgan.  I'm a little bummed it wasn't Barton, but I'll get over it.  We'll find out soon enough whether Morgan was the right choice.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Agree, Gute isn't stupid.  He picked who he felt was the best pick.  As I said before the test is in the fall, not April.

3 minutes ago, GB Scott said:

Because it was a reach

None of us have any idea how teams ranked these guys. On the Athletic draft show, Dane Brugler just said the Cowboys were high on Morgan and they may have moved down a few slots thinking they could still get him.

• Like 1