2024 Packers Draft Immediate Thoughts

Favorite Pick  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite pick of the 2024 Packers draft?

• Jordan Morgan
    • Edgerrin Cooper
    • Javon Bullard
    • Marshawn Lloyd
    • Ty'Ron Hopper
    • Evan Williams
    • Jacob Monk
    • Kitan Oladapo
    • Travis Glover
    • Michael Pratt
    • Kalen King
    • UDFA - Provide Name

3 hours ago, R T said:

Enjoyed all of that that! Thanks.

One off my favorite posters at another site was allowed a second spoof account in which he played a cranky, wheezing, medically compromised satirical version of Cliff Christl snarking his way through condescending responses to typical 101 level fan questions.

It worked because ol' Cliffy is pretty darn good at playing himself as a cranky and knowledgeable Packer historian.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

One off my favorite posters at another site was allowed a second spoof account in which he played a cranky, wheezing, medically compromised satirical version of Cliff Christl snarking his way through condescending responses to typical 101 level fan questions.

It worked because ol' Cliffy is pretty darn good at playing himself as a cranky and knowledgeable Packer historian.

You were on PR too?  I know there's a few of us around.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

PR like the old scout.com forum? I started on that board too. I was in 3rd grade posting on there lol. 

lol in 3rd grade the only time I got on the computer was during school when we got time to play Oregon Trail on a McIntosh using those big ole floppy discs. The 90s were fun.

4 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

I miss Cleft Crusty.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

lol in 3rd grade the only time I got on the computer was during school when we got time to play Oregon Trail on a McIntosh using those big ole floppy discs. The 90s were fun.

In third grade, I think the only computer the public had access to was Pong.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I have spent more of my life as a member of this prestigious club than not (switched usernames)

Edited by HokieHigh

2 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

I have spent more of my life as a member of this prestigious club than not 

I joined FF in December of 2005, so I've been on this site damn near half my life. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, R T said:

Truth be told, I record both channels so I can watch coverage of our picks from both. Normally, I watch it live on NFL Network but this year I watched ESPN bcuz of Nick Saban. And yes, I’m a Bama fan, but Saban blew every analyst out out of the water.  Also, both networks have analysts/experts who say outlandish things every single year. Mel has just been doing it longer lol. 

See new posts

Conversation

Jim Nagy

@JimNagy_SB

Here's what #GoPackGo fans can expect from 

@seniorbowl

rookies (prepare to scroll with 8 draft picks!);

🧀 T/G Jordan Morgan (Round 1, Pick 25)- Slam-dunk left tackle athlete jumps off tape. Has sweet feet, reactive mirror skills, & recovery quicks to compensate for lack of ideal length. Simply glides in pass pro. Functions easily laterally and at second-level. Should be even better next fall another year removed from ACL injury.

🧀 DS Javon Bullard (Round 2, Pick 58)- Interchangeable FS/SS skill-set w/ nickel flex. Instinctive & competitive. Good eyes and trigger to make plays. Excelled during team periods in Mobile & helped himself with 4.47 time at Combine. Strapped together physically & more physical than measurables might suggest. Long-term building block in secondary.

🥩 RB Marshawn Lloyd (Round 3, Pick 88)- Thought he was top RB in draft. He and Josh Jacobs give Pack one of best 1-2 RB rotations in NFL. Hard to handle in space. Elusive, explosive, & fun lateral cutter. Compact hard-to-wrap body type to bounce off contact. Way more dangerous in pass game than stats suggest. True 3-down back with high-end starter talent.

🧀 DS Evan Williams (Round 4, Pick 111)- Many teams we've spoken with were targeting him early Day 3 where Pack took him. Falls into "good football player" bucket. Good centerfield skill-set. Fun tape loaded with cool range plays. Boosted stock with excellent Senior Bowl game performance. Gives coaches sub-downs options. Could see him at FS w/ Bullard moving to nickel in packages.

🥩 DS Kitan Oladapo (Round 5, Pick 169)- Different than Bullard & Williams. Big, good-looking SS prospect who we could see Pack trying as dime-LB. Will be immediate factor in kicking game and good developmental depth piece behind X. McKinney.

🧀 OT Travis Glover (Round 6, Pick 202)- Huge expansive human that scouting staff did nice job on. Was the only in-week addition to Senior Bowl and acquitted himself very well. Wasn't overwhelmed by jump in level-of-comp. More than held his own in 1-on-1 drills. Long reach makes him hard to get around in pass pro. Pack has chance to hit on solid swing-OT in Year 2-3 window.

🥩 QB Michael Pratt (Round 7, Pick 245)- Perhaps biggest surprise fall in entire draft. Most teams we spoke with had 3rd/4th grades. Elevated Tulane program. Plays QB position well. Accurate touch thrower, athletic enough to escape, & extremely tough. Had higher grade on Pratt than Clifford year ago. Solid No. 2 floor and wouldn't shock us if he eventually became starter in right situation. Might be old-school Ron Wolf flip-for-higher-pick in a few years.

🧀 CB Kalen King (Round 7, Pick 255)- Was in many way-too-early first round mocks this time last year. We thought '22 tape was Day 2 level. Got tested early/often opposite Joey Porter Jr. as sophomore and responded but '23 tape wasn't same. Good athlete on tape but below average Combine testing didn't help. Could be a steal if Pack coaching staff can help him regain confidence he played with two years ago.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

See new posts

Conversation

Jim Nagy

@JimNagy_SB

Here's what #GoPackGo fans can expect from 

@seniorbowl

rookies (prepare to scroll with 8 draft picks!);

… 

Well that was a remarkably positive assessment. I am flat stoked for the running game in ‘24. 

• Like 1