GDT Week 17 Packers @ Lions

MNPackfan32

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Foles is a fair point.

Derek Anderson has started two games in the last three years, went 0-3 with a passer rating of 67.6

Brian Hoyer started 6 games this year. Went 0-6 with a passer rating of 74.1

CJ Beathard has started 5 games this year. Went 1-4 with a passer rating of 69. 

Drew Stanton has started 3 games this year. Went 2-1 with a passer rating of 69.7

Colt McCoy hasn't thrown a pass in a game since 2015, and hasn't started a game since 2014 where he went 1-3

AJ McCarron doesn't have any kind of sample size, but I guess has looked alright in very limited action. Was a 5th round pick and still on a rookie deal.

I can keep going but they're all basically the same.

Henne is a failed starter with a 1-4 record in his last 5 starts.

Cassel is 3-7 in his last 3 years with a passer rating in the low 70s.

Schaub is 3-7 in his last 4 years with a passer rating in the low 70s.

+++++++++++++++

Brett Hundley is 3-5 in his last 8 starts with a passer rating in the low 70s this year.

Brett Hundley is the same player as these guys.

That's not an argument that the Packers shouldn't try to upgrade.

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'd argue that's a terrible philosophy to have when you have Aaron Rodgers. But that's just me.

Well, it’s just what Ted and the packers want. If you’re a draft and develop team at your core... you should always be:

1. Drafting players to develop 

2. Developing those players.

3. Either signing your developed players, trading them for draft picks or hoping they sign big deals to garner high comp picks from the league.

You may not like it but it’s a philosophy that has served GB and others in the past well. Ron Wolf did it all the time.

Just now, Mr. Fussnputz said:

That's not an argument that the Packers shouldn't try to upgrade.

Isn't it an argument that the Packers current backup QB situation is exactly in line with the rest of the league?

There are 20 QBs in the league capable of leading a team to a win on a good day. Once you're past that group of guys, you're just looking at various brands of suck.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Isn't it an argument that the Packers current backup QB situation is exactly in line with the rest of the league?

There are 20 QBs in the league capable of leading a team to a win on a good day. Once you're past that group of guys, you're just looking at various brands of suck.

If so, then it's time for the Packers to try the draft again. Hundley didn't work out any more than that long list.

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

I'm amazed nobody has said Kap yet lol

Mac wouldnt use him the right way.  Hundley could be that type of player if Mac was willing to use him like a runner.  He just isn't though.

Kap is better than Hundley in that system though.

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Foles is a fair point.

Derek Anderson has started two games in the last three years, went 0-3 with a passer rating of 67.6

Brian Hoyer started 6 games this year. Went 0-6 with a passer rating of 74.1

CJ Beathard has started 5 games this year. Went 1-4 with a passer rating of 69. 

Drew Stanton has started 3 games this year. Went 2-1 with a passer rating of 69.7

Colt McCoy hasn't thrown a pass in a game since 2015, and hasn't started a game since 2014 where he went 1-3

AJ McCarron doesn't have any kind of sample size, but I guess has looked alright in very limited action. Was a 5th round pick and still on a rookie deal.

I can keep going but they're all basically the same.

Henne is a failed starter with a 1-4 record in his last 5 starts.

Cassel is 3-7 in his last 3 years with a passer rating in the low 70s.

Schaub is 3-7 in his last 4 years with a passer rating in the low 70s.

+++++++++++++++

Brett Hundley is 3-5 in his last 8 starts with a passer rating in the low 70s this year.

Brett Hundley is the same player as these guys.

I disagree. I don't watch film but I watch TV and I see a guy in Hundley who can't complete a basic college pass 2 out of 3 times, game after game. Hundley more or less looks the same today as he looked against Minnesota in Week 6. When he beats a team who isnt drafting in the top 5 next year and throws for more than a 100 yards consistently, I might change my mind.  

Archived