GDT Week 17 Packers @ Lions

MNPackfan32

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

My point is that he's worse than most backups and some 3rd stringers. Just give me a Matt Flynn for God's sake. That's asking very little.

GB took a calculated risk. They figured regardless of the backup QB, if Rodgers went down for an extended period of time... the season was over. Before the season began Hundley was an unknown.

With that in mind... GB philosophy is to develop QB talent to trade. A vet like Flynn doesn’t offer that potential. So might as well get a chance to trade that player to get more picks after a down year.

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

I'm not sure we can say that today .. Packers don't have any receivers due to injury. 

Jordy nelson is 'injured' though right?

Last week they pulled the big guns off on D keeping matthews, perry, and Randall out.

McCarthy has a trend of giving veterans preference when it comes to time off.  Cobb is a veteran at that level, as is Jordy.

Just now, Green19 said:

GB took a calculated risk. They figured regardless of the backup QB, if Rodgers went down for an extended period of time... the season was over. Before the season began Hundley was an unknown.

With that in mind... GB philosophy is to develop QB talent to trade. A vet like Flynn doesn’t offer that potential. So might as well get a chance to trade that player to get more picks after a down year.

I'd argue that's a terrible philosophy to have when you have Aaron Rodgers. But that's just me.

17 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Foles, Anderson, Hoyer, Beathard, Stanton, mccoy, mccarron, henne, cassel, schaub. Just a few off the top of my head. Hundley is an awful QB. 

Foles is a fair point.

Derek Anderson has started two games in the last three years, went 0-3 with a passer rating of 67.6

Brian Hoyer started 6 games this year. Went 0-6 with a passer rating of 74.1

CJ Beathard has started 5 games this year. Went 1-4 with a passer rating of 69. 

Drew Stanton has started 3 games this year. Went 2-1 with a passer rating of 69.7

Colt McCoy hasn't thrown a pass in a game since 2015, and hasn't started a game since 2014 where he went 1-3

AJ McCarron doesn't have any kind of sample size, but I guess has looked alright in very limited action. Was a 5th round pick and still on a rookie deal.

I can keep going but they're all basically the same.

Henne is a failed starter with a 1-4 record in his last 5 starts.

Cassel is 3-7 in his last 3 years with a passer rating in the low 70s.

Schaub is 3-7 in his last 4 years with a passer rating in the low 70s.

+++++++++++++++

Brett Hundley is 3-5 in his last 8 starts with a passer rating in the low 70s this year.

Brett Hundley is the same player as these guys.

Archived