GDT Week 17 Packers @ Lions

MNPackfan32

3 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Jordy nelson is 'injured' though right?

Last week they pulled the big guns off on D keeping matthews, perry, and Randall out.

McCarthy has a trend of giving veterans preference when it comes to time off.  Cobb is a veteran at that level, as is Jordy.

Matthews is still playing as well .. guess he's a goner

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

Why not!

Granted, this Lions staff is likely fired after today so it won't matter, but it's kinda pointless to put that on tape in a game that does nothing for their playoff chances etc. You'd rather keep that in your pocket for an important game that means something

It could be that the Packers simply misjudged what they had with Hundley. The might have thought they had the Flynn, or Brooks. Now that they know better, it will be interesting what they do next. If they stand pat with Hundley, then they have the philosophy that when AR gets hurt the season is over. I'm hoping that's not it. I'm hoping they are aggressive in upgrading backup QB, either through the draft, trade, or FA.

Just now, deltarich87 said:

Granted, this Lions staff is likely fired after today so it won't matter, but it's kinda pointless to put that on tape in a game that does nothing for their playoff chances etc. You'd rather keep that in your pocket for an important game that means something

I have this weird theory that it's just as much putting it on tape so teams have to cover it and worry about it during prep as it is the potential of the play itself

Just now, Mr. Fussnputz said:

It could be that the Packers simply misjudged what they had with Hundley. The might have thought they had the Flynn, or Brooks. Now that they know better, it will be interesting what they do next. If they stand pat with Hundley, then they have the philosophy that when AR gets hurt the season is over. I'm hoping that's not it. I'm hoping they are aggressive in upgrading backup QB, either through the draft, trade, or FA.

Same here.

Archived