Giants hire Gettleman as GM

everlong

6 minutes ago, hudson3010 said:
23 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

The guy who leads our team in YFS and receptions is just a situational player?

Our WR are bad. Our TE was hurt. He’s not a feature, everydown rb.

He’s not a bust, but for sure a reach for the spot taken

I like McCaffrey a lot, but I totally agree with this. I felt he was a luxury pick. I would have gone Lattimore without a 2nd thought. I expected Lattimore to go to the Jets even with the hamstring issues 

44 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

I like McCaffrey a lot, but I totally agree with this. I felt he was a luxury pick. I would have gone Lattimore without a 2nd thought. I expected Lattimore to go to the Jets even with the hamstring issues 

We have one of the best defenses in the NFL. We needed far more help on offense than defense. McCaffrey is one of the biggest reasons why we are one of the best 3rd down offenses and has been our top receiver all year. 

I don’t see him as a luxury pick. He’s been necessary for our offense. 

41 minutes ago, Malik said:

Why hire a new GM before the season is even over?

I actually think it's better to do it now. The sooner the better. It's gives the GM more time to get acclimated and gives him a chance to look at operation first hand from a live perspective. As opposed to taking over before he even has a chance to look at the coaching staff, the preparation, the players and how they respond to it all. 

1 hour ago, hudson3010 said:

As a panthers fan, overall I did like gettleman but he made some atrocious decisions that led me to lose confidence in him:

1) removing the tag from norman: this has to be one of the most stupid decision in sports ever. I can live with not giving him a long term contract, but you MUST play him one last year with the tag. Norman was an all-pro corner and in 2015 was the difference between a W and L in a number of games for us. In 2016 we had a lot of close losses. I’m sure that if we added an all-pro corner, we would have won most of those games and went to the playoffs. Moreover, this caused a domino effect, because we had to use the entire draft in corners and could not address others gaps (mainly OL which was a nightmare all year long).

2) drafting christian maccfrey: this had bust/reach written all over it. I was strongly against it. We have a good team so it will be rare to have such a high pick in the near future and dave screwed everything. Reggie Bush V2. A good situational player after all the efforts that were made to fit him in the offense (to justify the huge investment in him). Should have gone the easy way and drafted the best corner in the draft. Imagine our team with lattimore. Choosing Maccafrey didn’t make sense then and don’t make sense now, nor ever will.

I told everyone...you could've had a similar/better player in the 3rd...

15 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

We have one of the best defenses in the NFL. We needed far more help on offense than defense. McCaffrey is one of the biggest reasons why we are one of the best 3rd down offenses and has been our top receiver all year. 

TBH, the bigger issue is that OC Mike Shula is a traditionalist who isn't even using McCaffrey to his highest potential.  Guy should be getting 10-12 carries minimum and 8+ targets in space.   Instead, he's dialing up plays for JAG's like Bursin and Russell Shepard, and feeding J-Stew 15-20x at his 3+ YPC clip.

48 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

I don't get the criticism of McCaffrey. He has more Y/C than Stewart behind a poor rushing OL, dominates the team in YScrm, and every time I've watched the Panthers this season, he's been one of the few highlights of the offense. I'm perplexed. Why do people think they can label him a bust before one season is up? He's looked pretty good to me thus far.

Exciting takeaway from Gettleman's first press conference as Giants' GM!

New “Hog Mollies” are coming

Gettleman famously calls the big guys who man the offensive and defensive lines “Hog Mollies.” He made no secret of that on Friday.

“Offense scores points, defense wins championships,” he said. “Big men allow you to compete. That’s really just so true. I believe in the Hog Mollies, and we’re going to get back to that.”

- I think that's Chad Wheeler on the far left!!

Image result for hog molly

Archived