Raiders hire Jon Gruden as Head Coach

eagles18

not a new article, but interesting insight on gruden has kept up to date and hasn't just been kicking back with his feet on the table while working his ESPN gig

dude is still very much into the game, watches as much tape as anybody, and even has continued to update his playbook regularly, despite not having been an NFL coach in some time

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2636358-inside-jon-grudens-maniacal-obsession-with-football

7 minutes ago, raiderrocker18 said:

not a new article, but interesting insight on gruden has kept up to date and hasn't just been kicking back with his feet on the table while working his ESPN gig

dude is still very much into the game, watches as much tape as anybody, and even has continued to update his playbook regularly, despite not having been an NFL coach in some time

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2636358-inside-jon-grudens-maniacal-obsession-with-football

Found this part funny:

Cook took Gruden's cell number and said he would call. Gruden says he wants to have Cook play in his offense. "I make noises when I watch Connor Cook," he says.

I could see Cook as Carr's backup sooner rather than later.

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Found this part funny:

I could see Cook as Carr's backup sooner rather than later.

Not sure that’s a good thing.  Glad Gruden likes him, but nothing he has done since college has been impressive (albeit he hasn’t had much of a chance yet).

On 1/2/2018 at 4:37 AM, PapaShogun said:

I cannot wait for Grudnen to be back in the NFL. Best mic'd up coach ever.

That's pretty sick!

The question now, is "Does he still have that fire and passion?"

He's pretty outspoken, but he may have gotten a little soft.

3 hours ago, kramxel said:

That's pretty sick!

The question now, is "Does he still have that fire and passion?"

He's pretty outspoken, but he may have gotten a little soft.

IMO it's in Gruden's blood. Don't mistake his "character" on ESPN for the who he is behind the scenes. This guy is a coach at his core and that fire you can see still burns in him. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

IMO it's in Gruden's blood. Don't mistake his "character" on ESPN for the who he is behind the scenes. This guy is a coach at his core and that fire you can see still burns in him. 

I don't think you see the whole person in an interview. Its psychological. it appears that people try to show their best selves or 'put on airs' when they are aware they are on TV.

Archived