Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

11 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Posing the next question then,

Why aren't more people upset that Tramon was playing CB if we supposedly have better CBs on the bench?

Jackson can only be an upgrade over Tramon because Clinton-Dix is gone and he sucked...you of all posters should know how this works

(Read that like it is green font)

1 hour ago, Howler said:

PFF's Cornerback Ranking Thru Week 8.

CORNERBACK

Top 7:
1. Byron Jones 90.1
2. Kareem Jackson 87.0
3. Chris Harris Jr. 85.9
4. Stephon Gilmore 84.3
5. Desmond King 83.7
6. Patrick Peterson 82.7
7. Jaire Alexander 82.0

@Mr Anonymous

7th highest rated corner in the NFL.  Still gonna go down in history as a huge mistake to pass on a meh ILB for the most promising rookie cornerback in the NFL? 

Derwin James would be nice, but I'll take the most promising cornerback and an extra first round pick a year from now over the most promising safety. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

@Mr Anonymous

7th highest rated corner in the NFL.  Still gonna go down in history as a huge mistake to pass on a meh ILB for the most promising rookie cornerback in the NFL? 

Derwin James would be nice, but I'll take the most promising cornerback and an extra first round pick a year from now over the most promising safety. 

I'm pleasantly surprised with Jaire no doubt. I hope he keeps it up. If he does, the trade has a chance of being a winner in spite of the Saints pick not looking so great. I have to caution though, Derwin James looks truly special so far. The chance to pick him should not have been passed up. And Edmunds is starting to make some eye-opening plays as well. This is going to take some time to play out.

Just now, Mr Anonymous said:

I'm pleasantly surprised with Jaire no doubt. I hope he keeps it up. If he does, the trade has a chance of being a winner in spite of the Saints pick not looking so great. I have to caution though, Derwin James looks truly special so far. The chance to pick him should not have been passed up. And Edmunds is starting to make some eye-opening plays as well. This is going to take some time to play out.

Edmunds is one of the lowest rated ILBs in the league.  AJ Hawk made some eye opening plays, too.

And admit it... A corner is more valuable than a safety, twice as valuable as an ILB. 

• Like 2

On 11/2/2018 at 5:20 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Really confused why everyone seems to think Tramon is a lock to be a good safety. I get that safety is easier to play than CB, especially the role that Tramon will be playing, but this is still a position change. 

I wouldn't say lock, but I'm definitely more comfortable running him out at safety than I am at corner.  He's probably a safer bet to not be a liability at safety.  Once your legs start to go as a corner, you're really not going to offer much at corner.