Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Paul Bretl  -   The Packers defense still has yet to get a red zone stop. But they are doing a good job of keeping their opponents out of the red zone. The Bears made it there only twice, and the 2.6 red zone visits that the Packers are allowing each game is tied for the fifth-fewest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Paul Bretl  -   The Packers defense still has yet to get a red zone stop. But they are doing a good job of keeping their opponents out of the red zone. The Bears made it there only twice, and the 2.6 red zone visits that the Packers are allowing each game is tied for the fifth-fewest.

Good info ..

Rob Demovsky✔@RobDemovsky

The Packers have allowed 15 TDs in 15 red-zone possessions by opposing offenses this season. They are the 1st team in at least the last 40 years that hasn’t gotten a red-zone stop through the first 6 games of a season, per @EliasSports.

That's pretty ridiculous.  You'd think we'd get lucky once in there and hold them to a field goal.  I shudder to think what real good NFL qb's will do to us.  All told the defense is playing okay, but you almost know it's going to be ugly when faced with top guns.

20 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Rob Demovsky✔@RobDemovsky

That's pretty ridiculous.  You'd think we'd get lucky once in there and hold them to a field goal.  I shudder to think what real good NFL qb's will do to us.  All told the defense is playing okay, but you almost know it's going to be ugly when faced with top guns.

That's been the biggest fear for a decade now. I still have hope as it's Barry's first year, and as Amos said they're climbing the ladder. The funny part is, the closer you get to the end zone, the more difficult it's supposed to be to have guys standing wide open with no one within 5 yards. Mind boggling. Obviously the offense hasn't been seeing those kind of windows. 

Edited by cannondale

Jake Morley -   Next 6

Home vs. WFT
@ ARI
@ KC
Home vs. SEA
@ MN
Home vs. LAR

The meat of the schedule here - with the way this team is piling up injuries, I'd be thrilled to be 9-3 after this stretch. 8-4 wouldn't be terrible either.

• Ross Uglem -    They HAVE to check the WFT and SEA boxes.
  • That gets you to 7 wins. Home divisional games against 3-3 MIN and 3-3 CHI await, as does a layup in Detroit.
  • @ ARI, @ KC, @ MIN, LAR, @ Bal, CLE will define the season. Splitting those would be a massive success and a 13-4 record.
  • I know they're 5-1, likely to be 6-1, but folks need to prepare themselves for something like a 12-5 record and be OK with it.

Edited by Leader

16 minutes ago, Leader said:

Jake Morley -   Next 6

Home vs. WFT
@ ARI
@ KC
Home vs. SEA
@ MN
Home vs. LAR

The meat of the schedule here - with the way this team is piling up injuries, I'd be thrilled to be 9-3 after this stretch. 8-4 wouldn't be terrible either.

• Ross Uglem -    They HAVE to check the WFT and SEA boxes.
  • That gets you to 7 wins. Home divisional games against 3-3 MIN and 3-3 CHI await, as does a layup in Detroit.
  • @ ARI, @ KC, @ MIN, LAR, @ Bal, CLE will define the season. Splitting those would be a massive success and a 13-4 record.
  • I know they're 5-1, likely to be 6-1, but folks need to prepare themselves for something like a 12-5 record and be OK with it.

We have 5 wins. Add likely wins against WFT, SEA, @DET, CHI - that gets you to 9 wins. 

Add MIN at home as a win gets you to 10. 

Out of the final six, I like our chances the best against CLE, LAR and @MIN, in that order. Rams are better than the Vikings but I like us at home against LA in December. 

I don't like our chances @ARZ and @BAL. I think those are Ls. 

@KC is a wildcard. 

Zach Kruse -    At some point this season, Aaron Jones should reach the top 4 in team history in rushing yards. He needs 449 to pass Tony Canadeo for fourth place. Jones is already No. 4 in rushing touchdowns. The dude has played 60 games. Already an all-time Packers great at running back.

30 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

We have 5 wins. Add likely wins against WFT, SEA, @DET, CHI - that gets you to 9 wins. 

Add MIN at home as a win gets you to 10. 

Out of the final six, I like our chances the best against CLE, LAR and @MIN, in that order. Rams are better than the Vikings but I like us at home against LA in December. 

I don't like our chances @ARZ and @BAL. I think those are Ls. 

@KC is a wildcard. 

It will have to be a shoot out. Their defense is lacking, and I'm scared what Mahomes could do to our secondary. That said it is a game I circled going into the season. Last time they played Mahomes was out. I like seeing the young buck vs the old hof games. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Leader said:

I read something earlier where MLF doesnt think Myer's knee injury is season ending. That's all that I've heard.

Guessing Myers has an MCL. That's probably 2-3 weeks for a OL. Some guys don't miss any time at all, but the Packers will be cautious as always.