Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

17 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

ILB is an underrated need again. Barnes has been pretty bad himself lately. We have Campbell and whole lot of nothing after him. 

I think Smith was kind of redundant with Oren Burks on the roster.  Burks is just faster at this point.  Burks has a lot of bad plays.  But I have noticed him making some good plays as well.  And if Smith is about the same, may as well go with the better STs guy, and the faster one as well.  

I would say, to prepare for a wonky roster positionally.  We are going to have a lot of WRs.  Davante, MVS, Lazard, Cobb, Rodgers, Taylor, EQ are probably worthy of a roster spot.  If Lazard and EQ can do some TE things, and Cobb and Rodgers can do some RB things, it may work.

We also have a very good set of edge rushers, as is, and we may add Z back later this season, which would lead me to believe that we still keep 5.

17 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Exactly what I was thinking.  Kinda surprised they gave him such a short leash.  

Would you rather have Smith or MVS/Bakhtiari? Think of it that way.  Smith is a slower version of Oren Burks right now, and he doesn't play special teams as well as Summers, McDuffie, or Burks, and is not young like Barnes.  

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Yikes. What an awful message he's sending with that post. Very unprofessional.

Was Benkert vaccinated?

If not - AR & Love probably would have taken proper precautions.
If yes - we'll have to hope AR & Love are vaccinated and that prevents them from getting sick.