Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

24 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Wow.  Cole Madison has been reinstated to our roster.  

Good for him.  Would love to have him return to playing but life is more important esp after what he went through.  So hopefully this is a sign he’s in a good place. 

2 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

Glad to hear about Madison and I hope he does well. My concern is that I have strong doubts that the level of workouts you do when you aren’t sure you’re going to play in the NFL again are enough to keep you in actual NFL shape. 

No question he's out of "NFL shape" - but people have taken similar time periods off before - some mandated by injury or illness, and come back.
The mental nature of his absence will be his greatest hurdle.....but it sounds like he's willing to challenge / overcome them.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

Glad to hear about Madison and I hope he does well. My concern is that I have strong doubts that the level of workouts you do when you aren’t sure you’re going to play in the NFL again are enough to keep you in actual NFL shape. 

True, luckily for his position and age a strength gym routine should really be enough to sustain what he had but no way he comes in this year as strong as he could be

AcmePacking:

If the Green Bay Packers are interested in bringing Muhammad Willkerson back onto the team once he heals up from his broken ankle, it appears that they will have the roster space and salary cap space to do so. Recently, the team met with free agent defensive tackle Rodney Gunter, who had played with the Arizona Cardinals for the last four seasons. The 26-year-old Gunter visited Green Bay last Wednesday, but he left without a contract. Now it appears he is off the market. According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, Gunter is returning to Arizona after re-signing with the Cardinals. With Gunter now off the market, the Packers return to planning for 2019 with Kenny Clark, Mike Daniels, and Dean Lowry as the likely starters when utilizing a three-man line. However, Wilkerson remains a possible option after losing most of 2018 to injury.

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

Wow awesome news about Madison!

some more good news even if it doesn’t belong to the packers 

I was kind of hoping that Jayrone would join the XFL and lead that league in sacks before it folds (again) so he can be the all-time leader in sacks for the AAF and XFL before making his NFL comeback.  

45 minutes ago, Leader said:

AcmePacking:

If the Green Bay Packers are interested in bringing Muhammad Willkerson back onto the team once he heals up from his broken ankle, it appears that they will have the roster space and salary cap space to do so. Recently, the team met with free agent defensive tackle Rodney Gunter, who had played with the Arizona Cardinals for the last four seasons. The 26-year-old Gunter visited Green Bay last Wednesday, but he left without a contract. Now it appears he is off the market. According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, Gunter is returning to Arizona after re-signing with the Cardinals. With Gunter now off the market, the Packers return to planning for 2019 with Kenny Clark, Mike Daniels, and Dean Lowry as the likely starters when utilizing a three-man line. However, Wilkerson remains a possible option after losing most of 2018 to injury.

i'm all for it

and nice to hear that Cole Madison is finally with the team! 

45 minutes ago, Leader said:

AcmePacking:

At this point I have to think the Packers will wait until after the draft to re-sign Wilkerson, if at all. It’s likely Green Bay will draft at least one DL as a hedge against Daniels impending free agent status, and I think they’ll invest a premium pick to do so, assuming their board gives them that option. 

And let’s not forget Tyler Lancaster, who showed promise at the end of last season. I’m also curious to see if Montravius Adams will amount to anything...

I think these youngsters will quite possibly make Wilkerson the odd man out.