Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

14 minutes ago, squire12 said:

My first thought when i read the pat about the massage....it was more than a massage (insert Robert Kraft joke here)

The players were just pissed MM was the one getting the happy ending and not him!  LOL

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

Well you didnt say it was weak.....and you're assuming I can be shamed! LOL

To kind of be serious, the second I saw the massage thing I'm like oh great here comes the Kraft and happy ending jokes

The Dunne article was a depressing read, that's for sure. I think its main fault is that it leans way too heavily on quotes by Jennings and Finley, who have been bad-mouthing Aaron Rodgers for years. I don't think either one of them is blameless.

As some others have said, I think the article was much more damning of McCarthy than Rodgers. Even if you don't believe the massage story (and I am a bit dubious), it does appear that he was growing more distant from the team, did not pay enough attention to the defense, and failed to update the offense. This started to become apparent on the field around 2015-16. 

I can't really blame Mark Murphy for letting it go on too long, though. It's hard to fire a GM and coach when the team is a perennial contender. At times, they really did look just a player away from winning another Super Bowl. I do think that Murphy should've fired McCarthy when he fired Thompson, though. He created a bad situation by keeping McCarthy, just as Bob Harlan created a bad situation in 2005 by keeping Mike Sherman as coach when he relieved him of his GM duties. 

The article does give me a little bit of hope for the future, knowing that the Rodgers-McCarthy thing, at least, is behind us.