Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

The Lombardi era packers are leaving us one by one. The only one I ever got to meet is Bart Starr and I'm surprised he is still around given his recent health history. They were part of a legendary team and I'll miss them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chili said:

I can't view the video, what did Andrew Brandt say?

Same story:

Only 20 players ranked in first round, wanted Ware, Spears, Pollack, Pacman but all gone. 

When they were on the clock Ted asked Andrew to call Rodgers' agent; Andrew accidentally called Rodgers instead. 

Put them on hold for 12 minutes waiting for trade offers, got none.

Pulled the trigger.

Draft party in atrium erupted in boos.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

How or why did Tony Brown go undtafted?

Are you sure the spelling isn’t undtaffted ?

I looked back and saw him projected rounds 3-5, and maybe there were some character/maturity flags. (He had a costly taunting call at one point, but I seem to that his actions weren’t that bad).

He graded pretty high for UDFA in his first season. 

Edited by blueswedeshoes

6 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

How or why did Tony Brown go undtafted?

Hes a character for sure. I wouldve been comfortable with him in those late rounds without talking to the fella or all that. I just feel like his upside isnt all that. Dime kinda guy. Cb/S tweener.  I thought I was pretty high on him during the draft period but some here seem to be higher than I am.  Hes just not a real natural instinctual kind of CB. He just feels like Jalen Mills, Jarrett bush kinda guy to me.  A scrappy guy but not a real natural.

4 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

He just feels like Jalen Mills, Jarrett bush kinda guy to me.  A scrappy guy but not a real natural.

Not for nothing, but Jarrett Bush was a helluva football player. In comparison to the spectrum of rarefied air that is talent in the NFL - he was wanting.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Hes a character for sure. I wouldve been comfortable with him in those late rounds without talking to the fella or all that. I just feel like his upside isnt all that. Dime kinda guy. Cb/S tweener.  I thought I was pretty high on him during the draft period but some here seem to be higher than I am.  Hes just not a real natural instinctual kind of CB. He just feels like Jalen Mills, Jarrett bush kinda guy to me.  A scrappy guy but not a real natural.

Had no idea who he was.  The kid is a blanket in coverage.  That is what I see.  Feisty too.  Glad he's on the team and he's a good #3 imo.  See if Jackson can beat him out this year.

17 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

i was hoping for him all of day 3 last year. when we got him waivers that was the most pumped i've ever been for a waiver acquisition. 

Me too.  I wanted him at least in the 7th  

He spent a good deal of time in Saban’s doghouse.  He got sent home from the Cotton Bowl for violation of team rules. He never could seem to get consistency. He’d get burned and then make a killer INT.  He was a demon of a special teams gunner which I anticipate seeing more of for us.  But his greatest asset is his world class speed.  He ran a 10.12 in the 100. 

He’s got the tools to be a good one if he can put it all together. But we said that at Bama so...

Edited by thrILL!

“Everybody has a different path, a different journey, a different background on how they got to where we are, but can we come together as one, with everyone moving in the same direction? Are you willing to play for the guy next to you?

“That relationship is critical, and it’s not necessarily because I’m the head coach—it’s because I’m the play-caller, you have to develop relationships with everyone in that building. But when it comes to Aaron, it’s so critical, because I’m the play-caller. And so anytime you’re the play-caller, you better have a relationship with that quarterback. I do believe this, and I’ve said it from Day One—it’s a partnership. And I’ll tell you what, I don’t care what’s been said, I’ve spent a week with him, and I’ve really enjoyed every second of it.”

Matt LaFleur

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Leader said:

“Everybody has a different path, a different journey, a different background on how they got to where we are, but can we come together as one, with everyone moving in the same direction? Are you willing to play for the guy next to you?

“That relationship is critical, and it’s not necessarily because I’m the head coach—it’s because I’m the play-caller, you have to develop relationships with everyone in that building. But when it comes to Aaron, it’s so critical, because I’m the play-caller. And so anytime you’re the play-caller, you better have a relationship with that quarterback. I do believe this, and I’ve said it from Day One—it’s a partnership. And I’ll tell you what, I don’t care what’s been said, I’ve spent a week with him, and I’ve really enjoyed every second of it.”

Matt LaFleur

Good to hear but what else would he say?  I truly hope those two can get on the same track and prove all the nay sayers wrong.  If they can get the offense back on track combined with a defense who can be in the top half  …  it can be very good again.

Edited by coachbuns
wording