Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

I say we monitor top secretly what Aaron’s value is.  The moment it gets close to no longer being a first round pick we pull the trigger.  I want that first round pick.  I feel like I’m entitled to it.  Shut up yes I am.

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The national media is treating this with the assumption that "NFL teams don't draft QBs in the first and let them sit for more than a season" but there's nothing to say that the Packers won't given that it worked out for them the last time.

With no live sports happenin, the media really needs a drum to beat. So they found one... and just wanna bang on the drum all day.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

I think the media trashing the QB, the franchise, the draft is pretty damn funny.. I don't know how the next three years will play out. No one does. I can't wait to look at some of these clips in the future. 

It won’t even age well in one year.  We’re winning the Super Bowl this year.  Rodgers is actually going to have his first good Championship game to get us there, and he will not have a bad Super Bowl game.  Our defense will make us almost die, but will come up with three key stops and one turnover in an otherwise forgettable performance.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IBleedGreen&Gold said:

Showing a replay of the 2012 Packers/Seahawks game on ESPN in about 15 minutes for those interested. 

My PTSD would come back full force if I rewatched that game, followed by sleepless nights, stomach ulcers, and uncontrollable vomiting.  I think I’d watch The Bachelor before going down that road.

11 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I say we monitor top secretly what Aaron’s value is.  The moment it gets close to no longer being a first round pick we pull the trigger.  I want that first round pick.  I feel like I’m entitled to it.  Shut up yes I am.

I think Rodgers will be cut/traded based on:

• The contract situation and cap impact of the transaction (ie not before 2022)
  • Whether we have a QB we want to start or not, be it Love or someone else

I highly doubt Aaron will accept being a backup, so as soon as we want to start someone else, Aaron will be cut/traded regardless of compensation imo.

Did a little Covid You Tubeing today....

Found this fun watch...

Came away thinking....we didn't need a rookie WR.  What we need is more Scantling.  For a highlight clips, he pops a lot.  Let's hope for the third year progression here!

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

So Favre's still a ****** apparently.... I'm surprised anyone takes anything he says seriously

https://nypost.com/2020/05/05/brett-favre-linked-to-embezzlement-scheme-with-no-show-speeches

I think the bigger headline here is that Aaron Rodgers unofficial spokesman is a criminal.

What does that tell us about AR's judgement?

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I think the bigger headline here is that Aaron Rodgers unofficial spokesman is a criminal.

What does that tell us about AR's judgement?

Biggest question is how this effects his relationship with Jordan Love and Matt LaFleur?