Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Why are we putting down an individual's personal preference to read? Again that's like mocking someone's taste in music, food or drink. I hate raw tomatoes, they are the most vile thing on this planet. All of you who enjoy picking a tomato out of your garden and eating it please proceed to mock me. 

Since we are talking about it? Any media or reporter worth reading? I mean, reporting data or info is OK, but I haven't found any go to reporter yet. I find Demovsky, Schneidman, Kruse, Herman, Bukowski, Uglem and Silverstein pretty mediocre if not bad reporters. Nagler, he is what it is. McGinn is a good source of draft and historic data, but not very good for Packers news. I do like Fennell as a Film Analyst though. Oh, and Bertie is the best. Anyone else?

2 hours ago, VonKarman said:

Since we are talking about it? Any media or reporter worth reading? I mean, reporting data or info is OK, but I haven't found any go to reporter yet. I find Demovsky, Schneidman, Kruse, Herman, Bukowski, Uglem and Silverstein pretty mediocre if not bad reporters. Nagler, he is what it is. McGinn is a good source of draft and historic data, but not very good for Packers news. I do like Fennell as a Film Analyst though. Oh, and Bertie is the best. Anyone else?

It's a different world than years ago. Those guys are either working for the Packers and will never do anything but puff pieces while most others rely on clicks.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, spilltray said:

TBH, you get better insight from people here than articles for exactly the reason cannondale says.

Truth. It’s why I usually come here for the my insight and news... the media isn’t what it was 30 years ago, it’s not about content anymore, only clicks and followers

3 hours ago, VonKarman said:

I like Demo for the most part. Although I think working for ESPN really makes him do some dumb content he otherwise wouldn't.

Silverstine is ok, but really seems to try to get those negative clicks from getting delusional keyboard GMs riled up. Don't know enough about Schneidman yet. In general, I really don't follow those guys who report behind pay walls (I won't get started on pay walls).

Bukowski and Kruse think it's their jobs to basically only "report"/ tweet their opinions instead of factual news. Then again, maybe that is their business model. But I'm not really interested in a couple guys opinions and hot takes who probably don't know much more about football than many fans. 

I like Herman and Uglem for the most part. They may not be experts but put out solid content.

Wilde seems like a good guy but is mostly interested on reporting emotional/ feel good stories instead of actual football related content. I think his target audience is moms who could only name Rodgers and Jordy on the roster but "love" the Packers.

Mcginn knows his **** probably more than anyone else, but that guy is going senile and really gives off the vibe he's an ******* who has a vendetta agianst Packers org and other local reporters. His main goal seems to produce controversial stuff for clicks.

9 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Why are we putting down an individual's personal preference to read? Again that's like mocking someone's taste in music, food or drink. I hate raw tomatoes, they are the most vile thing on this planet. All of you who enjoy picking a tomato out of your garden and eating it please proceed to mock me. 

I wont begrudge you a dislike for tomatoes or any food. Not a problem. Taste buds can be finicky things. I personally enjoy growing a spectrum of vegetables and supplementing whatever I'm making as survival food with them. For me, it's the combined enjoyment of the entire process.

I agree with the “clickbait” comments on the reporters. I’ll give a shout to Tom Oates, old school reporter for the Wisconsin State Journal, AND he reports/comments on the Badgers as well as the Packers. I also think “Tex” Western writes some solid content on Acme Packing.

Many/Most of the others are hard for me to take “seriously,” the caveat being that for me it’s all entertainment.

Speaking of Bleacher Report, Matt Miller said something about Chicago and Trubisky and someone pointed out that he had him over Mahomes and Watson too. And he replied with ‘ I’m not going to get fired over it’

Like wtf... that adds to your credibility lol. You’re a ‘draft expert’ and you think it doesn’t matter how you had one of the worst takes potentially of all time.

1 hour ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I enjoy what 'Pigskin' Paul Guillemette puts out on the Great Blue North site, mostly on college players coming up to the draft.

Good Catch! I always check in with them as the draft approaches. For me it's a throwback to the PC draft chats of yore.