GWT: Week 19 Titans @ Patriots

gopherwrestler

GWT: Week 19 Titans @ Patriots   

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

Just now, kramxel said:

So everyone is crying about a bad OPI call and that neutral zone infraction?

Only started watching midway through the 2nd quarter. So I'm asking for real, not trolling anyone.

Were there more dubious calls?

Those were the main ones. The others have just been sprinkles on this badly called cupcake.

Just now, tonyto36 said:

The only one that was questionable was the neutral zone infraction which happened simultaneously and could have gone either way.   There was only ONE obviously bad call.

How was this "questionable" when the call was overturned? The refs need indisputable evidence to overturn a call and there certainly wasn't any of that. If the initial call was NZI I wouldn't have a problem with the call standing but that clearly wasn't the case.

1 minute ago, Starless said:

That's not the case at all. A facemask has to meet the standard of the 15-yarder to be called. The standard hasn't been changed.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-video-rulebook/illegal-use-of-hands-facemask/

"No player shall grasp and control, twist, turn, push, or pull the facemask of an opponent in any direction."

Clearly stats grab and control is 15 yards and that there comma means a twist, turn, push, or pull, is not required.  And that still leaves out the fact that Henrys head clearly turned as a result of the grab.

1 minute ago, Pats#1 said:

Who is saying the refs have been Good?

I posted a bunch of pages ago how the refs have been bad to the Titans.

But what is annoying and entertaining at the same time is the legion of posters rushing in here to post crap about how the refs want the Pats to win, how always get the calls, how the are so good because they are aided by the refs, and a bunch of other BS that just stems from jealousy and annoyance of their consistency. 

So yes. The refs have been bad to the Titans. But the Patriots have also shown that they are obviously the better team and have been moving the ball with ease, while the Titans are making bad decisions and hurting themselves.

Long story short...the Titans have gotten some bogus calls against them, but that isn't the sole reason they are losing. 

Literally nobody has said that though...

Just now, DontTazeMeBro said:

Somethings I say. This I’m dead serious about. Early in the game I would late hit on 1st and 2nd down until they got to about their own 40. Brady and Gronk in particular. I’d head hunt the F out of Gronk

there's the DTMB we know. channel your inner ray lewis and terrell thugs.

Just now, Tower said:

There goes the refs giving pats a sack , disgusting 

Such a dumb post, it couldn't be posted under your regular account. That's saying something. Like putting a team in a hole doesn't completely change the complexion of the game.

1 minute ago, Starless said:

That's not the case at all. A facemask has to meet the standard of the 15-yarder to be called. The standard for a 15-yarder hasn't been changed.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-video-rulebook/illegal-use-of-hands-facemask/

Turning the helmet = controlling the opponent.

It has nothing to do with time, if you grab a facemask and turn the guys helmet, whether you held it for 5 seconds or less than one, that's a penalty. You're impeding his forward progress and also removing his vision from what he's trying to see.

Archived