NFL News & Notes

Leader

4 hours ago, packfanfb said:

This was always the obvious ending to the lawsuit side of things. While it was nice lawyer-coached speak for Watson to say he wanted to fight and "clear his name," these cases were always going to be settled, likely with very strong confidentiality agreements. 

So, does he get suspended by the NFL? If so, how long?

I'm guessing yes and six games. 

7 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think he's going to be suspended for the entire 2022 season.

I'm not certain he was somewhat suspended last season. Kink of like with MJ went to play baseball just because. 

I've got to say, how does he get suspended and Kraft doesn't? Not certain they are both going to get the same 'happy ending!'

Edited by Old Guy

10 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think he's going to be suspended for the entire 2022 season.

And the Texans should lose draft picks for being the Ghislaine Maxwell to his Jeffery Epstein. After 24 incidents you’d think they’d have caught a whiff. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

And the Texans should lose draft picks for being the Ghislaine Maxwell to his Jeffery Epstein. After 24 incidents you’d think they’d have caught a whiff. 

Can you name a time when a team lost a draft pick over a player's poor personal decisions? I can only think of when Brady had the equipment guys deflating the footballs. That had a direct impact on the game though. 

I'm going to have to disagree with this. 

17 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

They gave him forms for the women to sign… how could they not have a “whiff”? The second he asks for those types of forms, an alarm should of gone off.

Maybe this is standard practice, so it wouldnt set off alarms. But I’m sure teams provide vetted medical staff, that already have NDAs and every legal document to force their silence and forcing all parties to have to figure things out “in house”.

Teams have to always be alittle on alert when guys go outside of the building for these types of things.

26 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Can you name a time when a team lost a draft pick over a player's poor personal decisions? I can only think of when Brady had the equipment guys deflating the footballs. That had a direct impact on the game though. 

I'm going to have to disagree with this. 

Did the Washington team lose any draft capital for the cheerleader stuff? They aren’t players… but are still employees. The bigger thing would be if employee misconduct has ever resulted in draft capital loss in the league.

If it has happened than they could have grounds for it.

Edited by Green19

6 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I'm not certain he was somewhat suspended last season. Kink of like with MJ went to play baseball just because. 

I've got to say, how does he get suspended and Kraft doesn't? Not certain they are both going to get the same 'happy ending!'

Don't read this as me defending Kraft but like, getting a tug in a day spa =/= sexually assaulting dozens of women

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Lodestar said:

Don't read this as me defending Kraft but like, getting a tug in a day spa =/= sexually assaulting dozens of women

Allegations do not equate to guilt. Since they couldn't get a grand jury to indict, a low bar to clear, you can't say he sexually assaulted anyone. I think most here believe he was ordering hookers and it appears one turned out to be a legit masseuse. The rest were looking for a payday.

So the reality is they got caught doing the same thing. You can choose to believe this was the first and only time Kraft engaged in some activity if you'd like. 

Edited by Old Guy

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Allegations do not equate to guilt. Since they couldn't get a grand jury to indict, a low bar to clear, you can't say he sexually assaulted anyone. I think most here believe he was ordering hookers and it appears one turned out to be a legit masseuse. The rest were looking for a payday.

So the reality is they got caught doing the same thing. You can choose to believe this was the first and only time Kraft engaged in some activity if you'd like. 

I don't think anyone here but you believes this honestly.

• Like 2