NFL News & Notes

Leader

On 6/16/2022 at 12:57 PM, Brat&Beer said:

Saints with an alternate black helmet this year.

FVY5mV5XoAQZ1Ij?format=jpg&name=medium

I've been trained too well to enjoy actual helmet striping, it would seem. I look at those mini-logos and just see an eyesore.

I mean, just do the whole dang helmet with them and make it look like a College Football imitation if you want to go that route.

50 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

I've been trained too well to enjoy actual helmet striping, it would seem. I look at those mini-logos and just see an eyesore.

I mean, just do the whole dang helmet with them and make it look like a College Football imitation if you want to go that route.

They must of gotten rid of the helmet rule that forced players to have to wear the same helmet year long.

GB had those brown helmets that one year but than in the others they had to use the yellow ones.

Its the only way saints can get black ones now.

Wouldnt surprise me to see the league get more college football-y to sell more stuff

On 6/16/2022 at 1:42 PM, ThatJerkDave said:

26 games, all with a one week bye between them, best record during the calendar year is crowned champion.  Influx of talent through the draft is still in April.  Free Agency starts on June 1st, and those with expired contracts can switch teams at that time.  70 man roster, no practice squad.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. 

ProFootballTalk -    Chase Claypool: I know I'm a top-three receiver in the NFL.

“I’m going to say, my second year, I was a better player than I was my first year,” Claypool said. “The plays just didn’t work out, right? Some of the plays just didn’t go my way. I didn’t make some plays I need to make. But as a football player, understanding the game, knowing what to do, knowing where to be, I was better. So I’m going to be better this year.

“And just like you said, understanding I’m not normal — I feel that way when I’m on the field. I know for a fact I am not like the rest of the guys in the NFL. I know I’m a top-five receiver. I know I'm a top-three receiver."

18 minutes ago, Leader said:

ProFootballTalk -    Chase Claypool: I know I'm a top-three receiver in the NFL.

“I’m going to say, my second year, I was a better player than I was my first year,” Claypool said. “The plays just didn’t work out, right? Some of the plays just didn’t go my way. I didn’t make some plays I need to make. But as a football player, understanding the game, knowing what to do, knowing where to be, I was better. So I’m going to be better this year.

“And just like you said, understanding I’m not normal — I feel that way when I’m on the field. I know for a fact I am not like the rest of the guys in the NFL. I know I’m a top-five receiver. I know I'm a top-three receiver."

He may not even be a top 3 in his division.

7 minutes ago, Tperk said:

He may not even be a top 3 in his division.

Well, Chase is #1.  Johnson could be #2, and that is his teammate.  Cooper, 3rd or 2nd.  Then you have Boyd, Higgins, Bateman, Peoples/Jones.  Just in the division.  He's clearly competing for 4.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Well, Chase is #1.  Johnson could be #2, and that is his teammate.  Cooper, 3rd or 2nd.  Then you have Boyd, Higgins, Bateman, Peoples/Jones.  Just in the division.  He's clearly competing for 4.

A lot depends on who is throwing you the ball. He's got a major uphill battle to be anything at all with Trubisky throwing him the ball. 

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

A lot depends on who is throwing you the ball. He's got a major uphill battle to be anything at all with Trubisky throwing him the ball. 

I think you might be surprised at Mitch this coming season

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

It is easy to love Mitch, now, right?

Like I'm rooting hard for him, just so the entire Bears organization (whomever is left) looks even worse.

For sure. He seemed like a decent dude anyways. I'm not betting my house on it but it'll be interesting to see if he gets to start a bunch what he does