This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

7 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

Here in Sheboygan the jaywalking is out of control

These animals ever heard of a crosswalk?

Funny, never heard of that place till yesterday when it showed up on the show I'm watching now (Shameless). Now twice in two days, coincidence? I think not

4 hours ago, Packer_ESP said:

Funny, never heard of that place till yesterday when it showed up on the show I'm watching now (Shameless). Now twice in two days, coincidence? I think not

You’ve got to get some Home Alone into your Christmas movie rotation. Wisconsin has plenty of colorful names to its cities, mostly inspired by their native names. One near GB that friends of mine from out of state don’t believe is real is Aushwabenon. 

9 minutes ago, Refugee said:

You’ve got to get some Home Alone into your Christmas movie rotation. Wisconsin has plenty of colorful names to its cities, mostly inspired by their native names. One near GB that friends of mine from out of state don’t believe is real is Aushwabenon. 

I remember being told this stupid story while growing up in Sheboygan

There are many stories told of how our city was called "Sheboygan."  The general version for many years, was the story of an Indian Chief who had a large family and all were girls.  The time came for a new arrival, and the whole Indian Village knew the Chief wanted a baby boy; when the baby arrived, it was a girl, and the Chief remarked, "She boy again?".

These are always fun.  I guess that I didn't know that most of the country doesn't have Indian or French names in abundance.  These never really were too much of an issue with me growing up.  I still don't do Weyuwega or Menagua (I probably spelled those incorrectly) correctly.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9suCed-rlM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT7xMEmMUDU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciaBpqhNCDw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N68HcGkDbOg

20 hours ago, Isherwood said:

South side - near powderhorn 

I lived directly across the street from Matts Bar on 35th and Cedar for awhile and also on 37th and 15th for about 5 years. 

• Like 1

I hope Caleb Williams and JJ McCarthy are huge flops as NFL players. They need to be if the Packers are going to have a firm grip on the NFC North.

• Like 1

I'm happy to see the NFC-N becoming a tougher division. Playing more games against better teams is a good thing. The regular season record may suffer, but the team will be more playoff ready.

• Like 1

Good for Chicago making the right moves. It’ll be fun having that rivalry. 

As for Minnesota…🤣

Imagine drafting a 1st round QB where his college team in a huge game said ‘ f*** it , our best chance to win is to completely abandon the pass and run the ball 30 plus times in a row ‘  

Mind boggling how people talked themselves into him 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Good for Chicago making the right moves. It’ll be fun having that rivalry. 

As for Minnesota…🤣

Imagine drafting a 1st round QB where his college team in a huge game said ‘ f*** it , our best chance to win is to completely abandon the pass and run the ball 30 plus times in a row ‘  

Mind boggling how people talked themselves into him 

With Chi, I really hope there are some growing pains with Caleb. One, I want them to start to feel the cap squeeze of those WR contracts before he starts to figure it out. Two, I do want to see some pressure put on the young QB if things don’t go well at first. Chicago media will give him some grace but not a whole lot.  Williams seems like a quirky guy and I want to see how he reacts to not being adored some of the fanbase. Of course if he starts lighting it up very early, he’ll be the “next big thing”.  

3 minutes ago, Refugee said:

With Chi, I really hope there are some growing pains with Caleb. One, I want them to start to feel the cap squeeze of those WR contracts before he starts to figure it out. Two, I do want to see some pressure put on the young QB if things don’t go well at first. Chicago media will give him some grace but not a whole lot.  Williams seems like a quirky guy and I want to see how he reacts to not being adored some of the fanbase. Of course if he starts lighting it up very early, he’ll be the “next big thing”.  

DJ Moore could be wanting a new contract as soon as this season, but he'll definitely want a new contract after.  That contract he's on now is a real bargain for the Bears.  CHI really worked CAR over on that trade.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Glad Chicago didn't address OL.  They don't seem to understand that the shiny toys can't excel when the OL play is poor.

They made the right picks, but until they figure that IOL I'm still convinced that Caleb Williams will succeed.