Josh McDaniels Decides to Stay with New England

WeaponX

2 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I really don't see McDaniels getting a HC gig anywhere but New England now. Backing out of a job, especially when you already have a bad reputation, is a mortal sin in the NFL coaching world. That being said, if he has a great relationship with Kraft and BB retires soon, it will not have been that bad a move from McDaniels.

Hopefully Brady and Belichick retires together and McDaniels proves how much of a laughing stock he truly is when taking over. A terrible human being in every way possible.

Honestly he might be some hot shot OC but his tenure as a coach was awful. Obviously has issues in commitment to a team and more than likely hurt himself when he does free up again if he does. I as a Colts fan would be glad that he didn’t come. He’s a terrible head coach 

29 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

"It's just business. This is how the world works."

• It was so much like the real world that the person representing him (his agent, Bob LaMonte) dropped him as a client directly as a result of his decision to back out. "My word is my bond," LaMonte told Sports Business Journal on Wednesday. "Once you break that, there's nothing left."
  • In the real world, if you had so many people convinced you were taking the job that other people were moving their lives as a result, it's probably too late to back out without looking like a morally bankrupt individual (if the reason for backing out was simply having a "better offer" in your opinion)

That's BS.  There's no agent on this planet where their "word is their bond".  They walk that line in the middle say whatever needs to be said to their clients and work prospects.  

LaMonte only dropped McDaniels because he also represents Colts GM Chris Ballard. If he doesn't drop McDaniels, Ballard would probably drop LaMonte.  If LaMonte drops Ballard instead, he gets vilified as well.  LaMonte was suck in the middle.  I don't think he had anything to do with McDaniels' decision, but I also don't buy the BS reason why he dropped McDaniels either.

19 minutes ago, areksoo said:

That's BS.  There's no agent on this planet where their "word is their bond".  They walk that line in the middle say whatever needs to be said to their clients and work prospects.  

LaMonte only dropped McDaniels because he also represents Colts GM Chris Ballard. If he doesn't drop McDaniels, Ballard would probably drop LaMonte.  If LaMonte drops Ballard instead, he gets vilified as well.  LaMonte was suck in the middle.  I don't think he had anything to do with McDaniels' decision, but I also don't buy the BS reason why he dropped McDaniels either.

There's absolutely no reason to represent an individual who has a snowball's chance in hell of getting a legitimate interview with any other organization. Not to mention it makes LaMonte look like he wasn't negotiating in good faith, seeing as how his client backed out.

McDaniels forced LaMonte's hand, and it doesn't matter who was representing Ballard.

23 minutes ago, Starless said:

Soooo Bill and McDaniels have worked together for 15 years but he wasn't "mentoring" him through all that time? ?

With the possibility that McDaniels could leave for another franchise, why would Belichick divulge all his knowledge and strategies? Now it's at the point were we can safely assume that MCdaniels will be the official successor to Belichick, so now class is in session on how to run an organization from a HC standpoint.

Edited by Carmen Cygni

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

I said if he's not the heir then it is. No team is going to touch him other than NE. He's either the next HC of NE or he got convinced to come back to NE to live out the tenure of BB as a coordinator and the next coach of the Pats would have to make a decision on his fate.

Even if he isn’t, he’s fine. You think a team like the Browns isn’t going to try to sign the OC whose led a league leading offense every year? Maybe the Colts won’t. 

1 hour ago, RollEagles said:

"It's just business. This is how the world works."

• It was so much like the real world that the person representing him (his agent, Bob LaMonte) dropped him as a client directly as a result of his decision to back out. "My word is my bond," LaMonte told Sports Business Journal on Wednesday. "Once you break that, there's nothing left."
  • In the real world, if you had so many people convinced you were taking the job that other people were moving their lives as a result, it's probably too late to back out without looking like a morally bankrupt individual (if the reason for backing out was simply having a "better offer" in your opinion)

I mean, this is just another consequence of how business works, isn't it? I don't understand why you'd cross out that statement given this is still business and this is still how it works. 

1 hour ago, areksoo said:

Oh how very wrong you are.  Teams have to believe an agent is acting in good faith.  This has nothing to do with representing Chris Ballard and everything to do with Josh Mcdumbiels making it impossible for his agent to do his job.  An agents reputation is everything to him.  His clients have to believe hes going to act in their best interests and teams have to believe that he is accurately representing the will of his client.  The latter has been extremely tarnished by Mcd.  He is going to have a tough time finding a truly qualified agent to represent him at this point.