2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

9 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Pack will just sign Jordan Matthews and then draft a WR between the 3rd-5th rd and let him, Davis, Clark, Yancey, etc battle it out for that WR4 spot

Here's what Palmy wrote about Yancey in his post-draft review:

WR DeAngelo Yancey: I go the other way with Yancey and would ask him to lose 10-15lbs. Yancey is not for me but he does offer a different mold of WR in camp. Smart, tough kid with strong hands and sound work habits. VERY tight hips that doesn't let the paper skillset play/show though. I think he has some work to do though. Might take Janis's roster spot after a year on the PS. I could not have used a pick on him though. That said, Yancey is 6'2 220plus and runs a hair under 4.5. One could make a case that those guys are always worth a long look on the cheap though.

I'm not arguing that Davis has no pop on returns. But as a receiver he is on Janis' level. I highly valued Janis as a special teamer. I would have kept him just for that. As for Davis, his bone-headed fielding pretty much negates his return abilities. And I doubt that he is going anywhere as a receiver. I hope he proves me wrong. But just in case the Packers had better sign Matthews and draft someone.

16 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Hope he does because it would prove what I've been saying about Rodgers for a long time now. 

Maybe Janis just sucked at receiver. Rodgers litterally had no problem throwing to the other receivers besides Janis that made it on the field lol.

1 minute ago, Shanedorf said:

Here's what Palmy wrote about Yancey in his post-draft review:

WR DeAngelo Yancey: I go the other way with Yancey and would ask him to lose 10-15lbs. Yancey is not for me but he does offer a different mold of WR in camp. Smart, tough kid with strong hands and sound work habits. VERY tight hips that doesn't let the paper skillset play/show though. I think he has some work to do though. Might take Janis's roster spot after a year on the PS. I could not have used a pick on him though. That said, Yancey is 6'2 220plus and runs a hair under 4.5. One could make a case that those guys are always worth a long look on the cheap though.

Yancey is poor man's Courtland Sutton. Sutton has some fluidity to him, Yancey is stiff as a board. Wasn't really huge on him at the time and I think Ted made a mistake PS him over Dupre who I think could have a future in this league.

2 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

Yall crack me up man... I remember when Jordy had an identical drop in the SUPER BOWL...

I'll have to pull the GDT to see how everyone was calling for Jordys head too and how he is a terrible WR with no potential.

Lol jordys drop in the superb owl wasn’t that bad

Archived