2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

Dez is a Anquan Boldin type receiver this point of his career. Big strong and physical but has better speed than Boldin. He also has strong hands to fight for the 50/50 balls. I'd love to add Dez, him and JG in the redzone would be downright nightmarish.

12 hours ago, ArthurPensky said:

Because you say so? The Cobb hate is so  out of control and played out. No he’s not a stud #1 WR but he’s a good WR and a good contributor to the offense.

No, not because I say so. It’s an opinion. Clearly yours is different, doesn’t make you right either. Cobb needs to be more then just a contributor with what he’s being paid. I guess time will tell. Me? I’m not expecting much from Cobb if he does stay in GB. 

38 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Dez is a Anquan Boldin type receiver this point of his career. Big strong and physical but has better speed than Boldin. He also has strong hands to fight for the 50/50 balls. I'd love to add Dez, him and JG in the redzone would be downright nightmarish.

He struggles to separate at this point... only running 2 routes. And he did this on a team that wasn’t really strong at WR and had a good QB, which lead to his production falling off 3 straight years.

i see no reason to sign him. He is just now hiring a WR coach to teach him routes.... really?

Id rather roll the dice on a Yancey who is faster and likely stronger at this point. At least there is hope he might learn the playbook and how to run more than 2 routes.

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

He struggles to separate at this point... only running 2 routes. And he did this on a team that wasn’t really strong at WR and had a good QB, which lead to his production falling off 3 straight years.

i see no reason to sign him. He is just now hiring a WR coach to teach him routes.... really?

Id rather roll the dice on a Yancey who is faster and likely stronger at this point. At least there is hope he might learn the playbook and how to run more than 2 routes.

Sounds like a good strategy for a team like the Browns. If you're trying to win a SB I'd go with the guy who's been one of the most productive WRs in football the last 5 years, who is a redzone beast and who opens up the other side of the field for Adams, etc. 

16 hours ago, ArthurPensky said:

Is this suggesting cutting Cobb for Dez? No way.

I don't think Dez is near peak Dez from a few years back, but I would be more than fine with swapping Dez for Cobb.  I really don't see anything Cobb brings to the team that can't be replaced fairly quickly.  Your (seemingly) high opinion of Cobb confuses me a little.  The only thing I see that Cobb has going for him is his chemistry with Rodgers   I see nothing else about his game that is appealing.

15 hours ago, packfanfb said:

The fact that people are comparing 2018 Dez to 2018 Jordy is astounding. Jordy literally fell off the face of the Earth when Rodgers got hurt. He's done. Dez has never played with a QB like Rodgers and vice versa.

The last 3 seasons he caught passes from Matt Cassel, Kellen Moore, Brandon Weeden and Dak Prescott. Yuck....

It's all just dot connecting at this point I would guess. Which is fine, it basically just happened. But I got a text today about how we're one of three teams talking to him they read online... :/

I think I'm a no on Dez. I mean, he'd be an upgrade over Allison but then again it's not hard to be an upgrade over Allison so that's not really much praise. Dez hasn't looked good for a few years now and I don't see him helping the offense where it's needed most(between the 20's).

Also,  while I was very adamant that one of Jordy/Cobb had to be cut, I wouldn't really get them cutting Jordy to replace him with this current version of Dez, especially knowing now that Jordy was open to restructure/pay cut. 

5 hours ago, jontat83 said:

Didn't look like Dez has much left in the tank from what I've seen of Cowboys games especially last season.

No harm bringing him in I guess to take a good look, wouldn't sign him to a long term deal. Think you are looking at a short term deal to prove he can still produce.

Cowboys fan here. Dez is still Dez. He sort of had a weird case of the drops last season, but a lot of that was also Dak being really, really bad at delivering him a catchable ball. Film also shows a ton of plays left on the field: 

^ Start watching at the 7 minute mark for film of last year. 

I think Rodgers and Dez would be scary good together.

3 hours ago, Kepler said:

Wow. Some people seriously suffer from a 'grass is greener' mentality. Drop Cobb for Dez? You've got to be kidding me.  Try to be objective instead of just hating what you already have. 

So anyone with a differing viewpoint is not objective.  Got it.  The love for Cobb on this board truly astounds me sometimes.

Archived