Eagles Offseason Thread (HAPPY NEW league YEAR!: Year of the Champions)

WeaponX

Just now, Broadway Joe said:

This pretty much guarantees that Mills is moving to the slot.

I don't think you can honestly make that assumption. We'll find out in TC who fits best where. We have a decent amount of talent at corner, but it remains to be seen who fits best where to make the whole unit as effective as possible. 

We have 4 corners who could be playing themselves into a starting position in Darby, Mills, Jones, and Douglas.

1 minute ago, BAConrad said:

Eh. I think we absolutely should draft a RB in maybe as early as the 3rd or so round to at least compete. I dont want Smallwood just getting the spot as an incumbent. 

That'd be awesome... if we had a 3rd round pick.

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

I don't think you can honestly make that assumption. We'll find out in TC who fits best where. We have a decent amount of talent at corner, but it remains to be seen who fits best where to make the whole unit as effective as possible. 

We have 4 corners who could be playing themselves into a starting position in Darby, Mills, Jones, and Douglas.

Don't forget about Daryl Worley, I mean he was a starter with Carolina last year and had a nice year. 

Just now, Eagles $5$ said:

Don't forget about Daryl Worley, I mean he was a starter with Carolina last year and had a nice year. 

He was an outside Corner more than anything, I don't see him getting the nod over the other four right there.

Darby and Jones outside

Mills gets first crack at slot, unfortunately 

Douglas and Worley are outside depth 

need slot depth, and need a 3rd safety.

might be able to switch a CB to S, but I worry about the tackling. Either way, we need to add at least one more starter/role player to secondary in FA or draft. 

Would be ok with bringing Blount back, but I think we should just draft a back or two in the middle rounds.
The trend the last 5 or so years is some guy in there will be a star...even if it is only for 4 years.

Not having to resign Ajayi and having a guy on a mid round contract will be nice for our cap situation

17 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

I don't see anyone giving up a 4th for Curry let alone more. A run stopping DE on a big contract?  

Curry doesn't have good pass rushing numbers because he was taken off the field every 3rd down. Doesn't mean he can't. Just means that we chose to give those snaps to our better pass rushers. He's a good all around DE. Is expensive though. 

Just now, Jroc04 said:

Curry doesn't have good pass rushing numbers because he was taken off the field every 3rd down. Doesn't mean he can't. Just means that we chose to give those snaps to our better pass rushers. He's a good all around DE. Is expensive though. 

Curry was one of the best run defending DE's in the NFL last season. Conversely, Bennett is better at rushing the passer but MUCH worse at run defending.

10 minutes ago, Danger said:

Curry was one of the best run defending DE's in the NFL last season. Conversely, Bennett is better at rushing the passer but MUCH worse at run defending.

Yea. I was just rebutting that he's a just a "run stopping DE". He had 9 sacks in a reserve role that year. He's not a double digit guy but will pressure the QB and be a very good defender. If a team has some extra cash, he's worth it. 

Bennet is ok. It won't be an extreme drop off. He'll take advantage of playing on that line, just like Curry did. 

I’d be down to release McLeod and curry to be able to sign Mathieu. He fits our scheme so perfect. McLeod takes 10 mill off our books next season. Curry 10 mill. Saves 20 million for next season and we get the better upgrade at safety. Better yet trade curry to browns.

Archived