Vikings Quarterback Situation

Uncle Buck

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I feel like Bradford is easily gone right? Has he proven more than Teddy? Absolutely, but he has also proven he can't stay healthy...ever. And a team this good simply can't rely on someone that won't play in December/January. If they can find a way to keep Case and Teddy that would be ideal

I could see Bradford being signed as a backup.  We can't trust him to be the starter due to his health, but he is probably going to be the least expensive option of the four being discussed.  I wouldn't mind having him come in as a backup. 

Keeping Keenum and Teddy would be the best scenario. Bradford is a good QB when he's on the field but that's too few and far between. 

I feel Case will want to test the market though following last season and with the questions surrounding Bridgewater following his horrific accident in my opinion the Vikings are serious about signing Kirk Cousins and with their current roster should be Kirk's first choice if he wants to win.

2 hours ago, PFM18 said:

Keeping Keenum and Teddy would be the best scenario. Bradford is a good QB when he's on the field but that's too few and far between. 

I feel Case will want to test the market though following last season and with the questions surrounding Bridgewater following his horrific accident in my opinion the Vikings are serious about signing Kirk Cousins and with their current roster should be Kirk's first choice if he wants to win.

Yea if I’m Kirk and winning is at all a factor then definitely go Minnesota but Idk if it was just how the situation was played out in DC but he seems like he wants to get uber-paid

3 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Not even them. Teddy will get a job as a backup to an established starter or competing with a first round draft pick. Not a clear cut starter

yeah, youre right.

He will go to a team to compete for a starting position (and might eventually start) but no team is going to risk making him the undisputed man right away.

5 hours ago, MathMan said:

yeah, youre right.

He will go to a team to compete for a starting position (and might eventually start) but no team is going to risk making him the undisputed man right away.

A QB desperate team will take him on as a starter and see how it plays out, provided he can pass a physical to the doctors OK.

19 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

A QB desperate team will take him on as a starter and see how it plays out, provided he can pass a physical to the doctors OK.

I think all Case, Teddy, Bradford land starting QB contracts.. amount of years will be different.

1 hour ago, CriminalMind said:

I think all Case, Teddy, Bradford land starting QB contracts.. amount of years will be different.

And if the Vikes land Cousins, I wonder what the comp pick will be.

+20 for Keenum (Denver)

+10 for Teddy (Arizona)

+10 for Bradford (I don't know, NYJ/CLE?)

-30 for Cousins (Vikes)

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/jets-worried-kirk-cousins-might-be-vikings-bound/267762404

The Jets plan to be heavy bidders in the Kirk Cousins sweepstakes and they're convinced they can make a better financial offer than any team in the league.

But they're also not sure the size of their bid is going to matter as long as the Minnesota Vikings are involved.

Despite their willingness to throw a truckload of money and a heavily front-loaded contract at Cousins in an attempt to lure the free agent franchise quarterback to New York, the Jets are worried he might already be destined to sign with the Vikings instead. According to a team source, they are aware of the league-wide speculation that Cousins is ticketed for Minnesota and they are taking that threat seriously after some informal, preliminary talks with his camp this week.

Of course, they won't know officially which way Cousins is leaning until they can formally begin talks on March 12. But the source said they are worried enough that they're taking seriously the "Plans B and C and, if possible, D" that Jets coach Todd Bowles spoke about on Wednesday. They believe they can outbid the Vikings and offer a better contract structure, the source said, but they still think Cousins might go to Minnesota for what he'll believe is a better chance to immediately win.

Take it however you want to.

Archived