Vikings Quarterback Situation

Uncle Buck

16 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

You're joking, right? 

This Teddy hype is absolutely hilarious. I hope the Vikings stick with Bridgewater and let Keenum and Bradford go. That would be an absolute good thing for the other teams in the NFCN. 

I've watched Sam Bradford play football for 10 years.  He shouldn't even be in the discussion to be the Vikings starting QB.  I would take Bridgewater as long as he was past his injury over Keenum.

How is this hype?  Keenum and Bradford haven't been great in their careers.  I just said I would rather have Bridgewater over two QB's who have been proven to be mediocre over their entire careers.

44 minutes ago, showtime said:

I've watched Sam Bradford play football for 10 years.  He shouldn't even be in the discussion to be the Vikings starting QB.  I would take Bridgewater as long as he was past his injury over Keenum.

How is this hype?  Keenum and Bradford haven't been great in their careers.  I just said I would rather have Bridgewater over two QB's who have been proven to be mediocre over their entire careers.

None of these QBs are very good if you ask me, but Keenum and Bradford have shown a lot more at QB than Bridgewater, without a doubt. I think it's obvious that none of these guys are franchise QBs, but you'd be crazy to think Teddy could step in and do what Keenum did last season. 

1 hour ago, ReadyToThump said:

None of these QBs are very good if you ask me, but Keenum and Bradford have shown a lot more at QB than Bridgewater, without a doubt. I think it's obvious that none of these guys are franchise QBs, but you'd be crazy to think Teddy could step in and do what Keenum did last season. 

If he never had that injury he probably could have. He was developing pretty smoothly before his freak accident.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

you mean mediocre like bridgewater? and bridgewater has a two year lay off. again, poor logic and makes no sense.

54 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

If he never had that injury he probably could have. He was developing pretty smoothly before his freak accident.

I agree.  Also, how old was he before he got hurt?  22 years old?  He just recently turned 25, so he is still a young player.  If he has fully recovered from his injury (mentally), I still think he has a shot to be pretty good.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

I agree.  Also, how old was he before he got hurt?  22 years old?  He just recently turned 25, so he is still a young player.  If he has fully recovered from his injury (mentally), I still think he has a shot to be pretty good.

Well, for me, the fact that he didn't start when he was healthy and Keenum kept his replacement job throughout the playoff. speaks volumes to me about how talented Teddy is?

15 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

Well, for me, the fact that he didn't start when he was healthy and Keenum kept his replacement job throughout the playoff. speaks volumes to me about how talented Teddy is?

The team was on a roll and winning games.  Maybe they didn't want to upset the balance there.  Plus, maybe Teddy needs time to work himself back into game shape, practice, etc.  We'll see what happens after this off-season.

Teddy's hype has become somewhat ridiculous based on his last four years of work. However, if he's substantially cheaper than the alternatives, why not roll the dice with him? I don't have many doubts that Teddy could be as good as Bradford or Keenum with a couple more years of development. Of course, that isn't a particularly high bar to set.

On 3/1/2018 at 2:50 PM, frenchie said:

You were actually whining about why Teddy didn't get excused for his lack of supporting cast...  I then explained why he didn't deserve it..  and I think it's certainly debatable who's cast was better.  

No, it isn't. You clearly have no idea how much better this year's offensive line is than 2015's.  The WRs as well. 

And what's so hilarious about Mike Wallace?  The year before he went to Minn, he had 800+ yds, and 10 TDs.  With Bridgewater as his QB, he only managed 475 yds and 2 TDs.  In fact, his year in Minnesota was the least productive season of his career...  Coincidence? or incompetent QB play?  'LMFAOOOOO'

Mike Wallace  is no where near Adam Thielen's level.  That's the point.

Are you still yapping about that preseason game?   I give you credit; you sound 'at least somewhat' confident...  Seriously though, stop, I'm embarrassed for you...

I didn't see Teddy throw anything in that game....  and I didn't bring up the playoffs, you did...

Keenum also threw the game-winning TD pass against the Saints... 

Yeah, using a hail mary last chance attempt as your argument?  

Eagles had a top 3 defense this year.  It's not like he got mangled by some crappy defense.

Thats why some vikings fans liked Teddy. He had a couple of his best games in 2015 against the Broncos and Cardinals. 

What is this '7 step drop' nonsense?...  If they knew the o-line was that bad, why was he taking 7 step drops?  Is the Coaching staff stupid?

Your guess is as good as mine.  But regardless of the answer to that question, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. You saw 14 TDs and made an assumption. 

or is Bridgewater stupid?  Then when you factor in how rarely he threw deep, please explain why he was taking 7 step drops...

I think you're trying to hide Bridgewater's poor pocket awareness, which led to a lot of those sacks...  Perhaps the line wasn't that bad after all?  And here's another fun fact, every starter on that 2015 o-line, is still a starter in the league...

What is his upside?  Show me something tangible.  You can't; all you have is some random preseason game where he managed to not suck against a bunch of 2nd and 3rd stringers...  Give me a break..  You have nothing else, that's why you've resorted to name calling...

You're analyzing a player you haven't even watched.  I would suggest posting a little more mature and actually knowing a thing ot two about thread topic. 

To be fair to Teddy, the OL was not equipped to run Norv Turner's offense. He's got to be one of the most stubborn coaches in the league in terms of not adjusting scheme to fit the players running it. I believe in 2015, the Vikes were amongst the league leaders in designed 7 step drop backs. The scheme was brutal for the Vikes personnel. I do think Teddy would have performed better in Shurmur's offense.

On 3/1/2018 at 9:18 PM, GSUeagles14 said:

huh? he wasnt that great when he was healthy, now hes gonna be 2.5 years removed, care to explain the logic here?

The original suggestion there, that if Teddy is healthy, it shouldn't even be a question, was way too optimistic.

But i think this is probably overly negative too.  Teddy wasn't "great" when he was healthy before...but he wasn't bad either.  And the missed time is sort of a double-edged sword, in that the time off could easily come with major rust and be hard to pick up where he left off.  But at the same time, it means he hasn't really played that much...and QBs are often still a ways off from their "final form" 29 games into their career.  Especially guys who have shown promise in those 29 games.

With Keenum and Bradford, we know what they are and that's career backups and not a single good season is going to change that. With Teddy, although, imo, he didn't show a whole lot when he started, he still only has 27 games under his belt. Most worthy QB's usually take 5 years to truly develop and so who knows, may be he could be good enough to win with that defense and Delvin in the backfield and Thielan, Diggs, and Rudolph as targets on the outside. Besides, they already have a 1st round invested in him and how bad would that look if he left and succeeded some place else while they regret their decision to go with Bradford or Keenum.

I feel like Bradford is easily gone right? Has he proven more than Teddy? Absolutely, but he has also proven he can't stay healthy...ever. And a team this good simply can't rely on someone that won't play in December/January. If they can find a way to keep Case and Teddy that would be ideal

Archived