Vikings Quarterback Situation

Uncle Buck

19 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

As everyone knows, the Vikings had three starting caliber quarterbacks on the roster in 2017 and all three their contracts are up.  My question for all of you is where you think our three current QB's will end up signing in 2018 and who will be the Vikings QB moving forward?  Will they keep one or more of Bridgewater, Keenum, and Bradford, or will they draft a rookie from this class and bring in a veteran to carry the team until the rookie is ready?

Personally, I think (and hope) they will end up keeping Bridgewater and sign another veteran to back him up.

Case Keenum should be the obvious choice.  He should get top 10-15 QB money.  I don't see him getting any more than that, even if he leaves Minn.

I'd let Bradford walk.  He wants to start, but I don't see Minnesota taking that gamble on his health, but he should get some consideration, if they can't get a deal with Keenum.

As for Bridgewater, I'd try to get him resigned as a backup, and he's be smart to take it, as I don't see anyone going out of their way to bring him in to start.  I view him as a somewhat competent starter, but nothing more.  Honestly, I don't know how folks can look at Bridgewater, with any confidence, and say 'he's the guy'... 

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

My priority would be Keenum, followed by Bridgewater. Bradford I wouldn't even offer a deal to.

The longest deal I'm giving Keenum is 3 years, 2 years would be my first offer. If he wants anything longer than that move on to Teddy.

Bottom line to me, none of the 3 are guys you want as your QB for more than a stop gap period. Their defense will keep them contenders no matter who the QB is.

If Lamar Jackson makes it to their pick, they'd be foolish to pass.

Yes the defense will keep them in contention, but the Vikings have a top 10 offense, why waste it?  They need to get that QB spot settled.

This is a win-now team, why hand it over to a rookie?  And why Jackson?  There are at least 5-6 better prospects coming out; I know nothing is a guarantee, but Jackson seems like a strange choice...

2 minutes ago, frenchie said:

This is a win-now team, why hand it over to a rookie?  And why Jackson?  There are at least 5-6 better prospects coming out; I know nothing is a guarantee, but Jackson seems like a strange choice...

I think he's simply saying he doesn't think there's a chance any of the other top-flight prospects falls that far in the draft. 

21 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Might be better off making a run at Kirk Cousins.

Of the three Viking options, I'd prefer Teddy if he comes at a much cheaper rate than Keenum.

I still think the Vikings are Kirk's most likely landing spot, despite the Jets and Denver narrative that is being pushed by the media. 

If I am the Vikings, no way would I sign Keenum. The guy is fools gold. The way he played in the NFCCG was abysmal. He is absolutely terrible when pressured. His mechanics break down. There is too much air under his passes as well. He had the absolute best year of his career, walk away now while it doesn't cost you too much, especially since it will be a new system anyways.

Then I would sign Bridgewater to a prove it deal. I would also look at Gabbert and some other vets out there who wont be too expensive.

LOL at anyone who signs Bradford for anything more than the vet min. The guy has always been soft.  

31 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I don't care what else happens if Lamar Jackson is on the team. I'd trade the whole draft to move up for him. 

Trading vikes entire draft capital for 2018 puts you at about # 14 in the first round

Packers have pick # 14, let's do it.  :)

I wouldn't feel comfortable with any of those three as a permanent starter. Cousins either. But given the option I would probably trust Keenum the most because Bradford has an injury history and Teddy had bust written all over him even before his injury.

I'm surprised to hear the love that Lamar Jackson is getting.  He would undoubtedly be a fun guy to watch, but his style doesn't strike me as the type that would ever get us a Super Bowl win.  The other tough thing with drafting a guy with a skill set as unique as his is that you would have to tailor your whole offense around him, and who would you get as a backup that would also fit into the same system?  

Unless Keenum's asking price is too much (15+ Million/yr with multiple guaranteed seasons) re-sign him if possible, but we all know he's going to end up being a one year wonder more than likely so re-sign Teddy to be your backup/Bridge...Starter.

I feel like regardless Teddy will be coming back to compete for the starting job since the vikings probably still love him and they'll give him a fair shot. 

Bradford....don't let the door hit your knee on the way out. 

I dont trust Case long term.       I think Teddy is more talented but still has much to prove.

Its not a great situation they are in, because there is no surefire good move here.    Best case scenario is they find a way to keep both short term and see what they have.

1 hour ago, EliteTexan80 said:

There's going to be buyer/sellers remorse no matter what happens. 

I say - skip drama, go sign Cousins to a deal. 

That's what I'd do. We might have to let go of a few players, but an upgrade at QB heavily outweighs losing a couple of starters. We have Rhodes, Smith, Griffen, and Joseph locked up for a while. Signed Thielen for a steal. Good LT and average RT for a few years. And a good RB on a rookie contract. Add Cousins and we have a championship window for 2-3 years.

Franchise Keenum! Get rid of Bradford! Move on from Teddy........trade if possible! Look for QB in draft especially Mason Rudolph cuz I think he will be there when the queens go to draft! I think teddy ends up in Arizona and Bradford ends up backing up Drew Brees in New Orleans

1 hour ago, Deekster37 said:

Franchise Keenum! Get rid of Bradford! Move on from Teddy........trade if possible! Look for QB in draft especially Mason Rudolph cuz I think he will be there when the queens go to draft! I think teddy ends up in Arizona and Bradford ends up backing up Drew Brees in New Orleans

Queens?

Archived