Vikings Quarterback Situation

Uncle Buck

Is Kirk really going to be much better than Case was this past season? Kirk's the average looking girl standing around a bunch of 1's and 2's and now suddenly looks like a 8. Don't fall for it. Franchising Case and making one last run is a better option than paying Kirk all that guaranteed money. Case has a good rapport with this roster and that can't be overstated. I would still draft a QB in the first round though so in the event it doesn't work out this year, at least you have your potential future QB ready to come in at a low cost.

1 hour ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Is Kirk really going to be much better than Case was this past season? Kirk's the average looking girl standing around a bunch of 1's and 2's and now suddenly looks like a 8. Don't fall for it. Franchising Case and making one last run is a better option than paying Kirk all that guaranteed money. Case has a good rapport with this roster and that can't be overstated. I would still draft a QB in the first round though so in the event it doesn't work out this year, at least you have your potential future QB ready to come in at a low cost.

Well, I don't really know who would be better with the team next season between Case or Kirk, as Case has more experience with the team, but Kirk definitely has more arm talent and experience in general.

9 minutes ago, showtime said:

Is Teddy Bridgewater not going to be healthy and ready to play?  I'm assuming he won't be, otherwise I don't know why this would even be a discussion.

Head over to the Vikings forum. It’s plenty discussed.

Zimmer even hoped Teddy has a successful rest of his career, “with him”.

was about the only nice thing said about Sam, Case, or Teddy today.

11 minutes ago, showtime said:

Is Teddy Bridgewater not going to be healthy and ready to play?  I'm assuming he won't be, otherwise I don't know why this would even be a discussion.

He is healthy. It’s why he was active all season. We actually expected Teddy to take over eventually last season.. but the team just kept winning with Case and it was hard to just pull him. But the last 4 regular season games and playoffs the true Case started coming out in him...

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

He is healthy. It’s why he was active all season. We actually expected Teddy to take over eventually last season.. but the team just kept winning with Case and it was hard to just pull him. But the last 4 regular season games and playoffs the true Case started coming out in him...

Sam Bradford and Case Keenum are decent QB's, but there's no question in my mind Teddy Bridgewater is the best player of the three options.  Yes, the team went far with Keenum, but they didn't go that far because of Keenum.  The Vikings are a really good team.  Bridgewater should be the starter without question.

14 minutes ago, showtime said:

Sam Bradford and Case Keenum are decent QB's, but there's no question in my mind Teddy Bridgewater is the best player of the three options.  Yes, the team went far with Keenum, but they didn't go that far because of Keenum.  The Vikings are a really good team.  Bridgewater should be the starter without question.

You're joking, right? 

This Teddy hype is absolutely hilarious. I hope the Vikings stick with Bridgewater and let Keenum and Bradford go. That would be an absolute good thing for the other teams in the NFCN. 

1 hour ago, showtime said:

huh? he wasnt that great when he was healthy, now hes gonna be 2.5 years removed, care to explain the logic here?

they are going to keep Case and like it.

they will let Case test FA, let him realize that there is no market for him, and sign him to a team friendly deal so Zimmer and co can keep a cohesive defensive team.

Kurt cousins is fools good, thats going to cause minnesota to have to break up their team.

plus they cant beat the jets bank. 

13 hours ago, Forge said:

He's not getting 175 million guaranteed.

Well, they were talking about it on the NFL station and pointed out that his case is so unusual, because proven franchise QB's have never come on the open market, and in a huge bidding war, even 35 million a year is quite possible, but they thought it would most likely be 30 million and I am sure he will not sign for less than 5 years = 150 million, but 175 million is still possible.

Just now, Iamcanadian said:

Well, they were talking about it on the NFL station and pointed out that his case is so unusual, because proven franchise QB's have never come on the open market, and in a huge bidding war, even 35 million a year is quite possible, but they thought it would most likely be 30 million and I am sure he will not sign for less than 5 years = 150 million, but 175 million is still possible.

I'm talking about the guarantees. You said he'd get 175 million guaranteed

15 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

It is going to be really difficult for a small market team to sign Cousins, they simply lack the financial resources to do it. However, having said that, Minny has one ace in the hole, a domed stadium which might attract him. Then again, in NY, he can make another 5 million doing ads, that is hard to compete with for any franchise!!!

After all, in a free bidding contest, it could cost as much as 175 million guaranteed over 5 years to sign him and even if he settles for 150 million, can a team win a championship paying its QB that kind of money, considering, a lot of small market teams never spend to their cap limit. 

I think I might be missing something here.  In the NFL, all teams have the same amount of money to work with because there is a salary cap.  This is unlike baseball, where the Yankees can always afford to steal the better players from other parts of the country because they keep their own revenue.  My understanding is that in the NFL, all teams share in the biggest pie, which is the TV money.  In the NFL, it doesn't really matter which city the team plays in because they all have plenty of money to pay their players' contracts.

4 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

You're joking, right? 

This Teddy hype is absolutely hilarious. I hope the Vikings stick with Bridgewater and let Keenum and Bradford go. That would be an absolute good thing for the other teams in the NFCN. 

Be careful what you wish for.  :)

Archived