Ogletree traded to the Giants

Dr LBC

This is a fantastic move.  It may ruffle some feathers with the players, but it is absolutely a move that makes the team better.  Ogletree May have been a leader and made some plays at times, but overall he was a liability.  

Hope to keep Barron to be honest because he’s a very good football player.

6 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Im good with either approach. Ive seen a few mocks recently with guys falling into the 17-18-19 range that I would be screaming for us to go get on Draft Day (Vea, Davenport, Edmunds, whomever it is that strikes your fancy)

I also wonder if we are setting up a Cap situation that allows us to be a landing spot for some Free Agents that will be going with 1 year deals? Either for reestablishment of their Market Value (DaQuan Jones, Allen Robinson) or veteran guys ring chasing who only need this years money guaranteed (Bowman, Talib, Derrick Johnson)

Depending on the asking price, I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Sherman in a Rams uni next season.  He's his own agent and he already has a glut of money, plus he could clean up on endorsement deals down here as the local boy bringing the veteran presence to the team that came home.  (Makes for the kind of ideal guy for Peters to play opposite too because it allows Peters to be more aggressive and forces QB's to target him more)

Reality is too, that while you ideally don't want to create a 1st-round-need with a trade... we've seen prospects like Malik Jefferson and Oren Burkes fall to late Day 2, even early Day 3, and both are comparable (if less-experienced) and less expensive than Tree was.

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

Guys, heres the really really. We are no longer on a 3 year plan. Because that clearly was the expectation when bringing in McVay, you could tell by the contracts we were giving out. 

But we are suddenly really really good. So now we have to pivot to contending now, not in 2020. 

oh i 100% agree. Being good while your QB is on his rookie deal is VERY RARE, but you MUST capitalize on that if you have the opportunity. With all the cap space we are clearing you have to think people like Talib, Richard Sherman, a trade for Suh (thanks jrry), Dantari Poe are all very much in play for this offseason.

We got rid of big contracts with guys who didn’t fit 3-4 scheme. The Rams have shown they can draft well so I trust they will find great fits for the defense and build depth.

On the side note, freeing more cap space means certainly Watkins and maybe even Tru could both be back in LA next season.

So cap wise we pay the remainder of his signing bonus which is $6.4 million. The Giants pay his $3 million base and $7 million roster bonus. He was going to be an $11.6 million cap hit this year but now is $6.4 million.

I love what Les is doing. Last year we built up the offense and probably promised Wade we’d do the same for him in year two. Can’t wait for the 14th and the draft.

Conflicted on this.

I was definitely an Ogletree hater. The fact that we got out of his deal and recouped a few picks is awesome. That being said, we opened up another major hole on the defense. Gonna be interesting seeing where we end this offseason. 

1 hour ago, RamRod said:

Todd doesn’t like it

Or Trumaine

Yes the negative side is that we lost the captain on the locker and on the field...

But i was stunned by the news and because Ogletree signed an extension in october i didn't saw him out of the team this offseason. 

Overall it's a good news, he was very bad in the 3-4 scheme and will be back at form with the Giants. 

Archived