Would you give Johnny Manziel another shot?

brownie man

Would you give Johnny Manziel Another shot?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Would YOU give him a shot on your team?

• Yes
    • No

He was never a good prospect to begin with. He's small, has an average arm, and was never a pocket passer. Throw in pretty much zero intangibles when it comes to accountability, leadership, time commitment, and work ethic, and NO. The kid is a loser. I hope that he figures out life.

I’d do a vet minimum, non-guaranteed, camp invite type of deal. It’d essentially be a try out through camp.

I’m down with second chances to people who haven’t done something incredibly egregious or violent. 

He is personable, but probably self centred.

above average accuracy average arm strength. Good mobility. Great fit for a team that carries 3 qb’s. 

for arizona he would be ok behind Bradford and a rookie. 

I’d take him in Oakland, Atlanta, New England, Green Bay as a 3rd qb

No.  Only because I don't like him at all and I don't think you can radically change as a person.  I think he's always going to be an entitled child regardless of whether or not he cuts out or even cuts down on drugs and alcohol. 

13 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

If I were the GM of a team with no real answer at QB I would give him a chance.  It would be for league minimum and with a VERY short leash, but what do you have to lose in those circumstances?

This 100%. Alot of teams have garbage at their backup QB spot. He would be incredibly cheap and supposedly driven. If he gets as much as a speeding ticket he is gone but yes i would give him a chance. 

19 hours ago, MWil23 said:

He was never a good prospect to begin with. He's small, has an average arm, and was never a pocket passer. Throw in pretty much zero intangibles when it comes to accountability, leadership, time commitment, and work ethic, and NO. The kid is a loser. I hope that he figures out life.

Agree in part, he doesn't have sufficiently high upside to even be worth considering especially as the press will be all over the team that signs him and he'll almost certainly be a distraction even if he keeps on the straight and narrow just from his press profile. I can imagine a lot of the locker room would even resent him so it could be a potentially divisive signing too so it's not even low risk. High risk, low reward is not something any sensible GM should consider.

If he had a typical QB skill set (accurate passer, pocket awareness, able to read defenses) in the most basic sense, maybe. But he doesn't have those skills. He is a gimmick who I struggle to use the term "project QB" for. There is nothing about his game that warrants a second chance.

Archived