Would you give Johnny Manziel another shot?

brownie man

Would you give Johnny Manziel Another shot?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Would YOU give him a shot on your team?

• Yes
    • No

As a Browns fan 

I would 

dude could always play its not that he can't play its that he couldn't focus and take things seriously

He's better than Mike Glennon, Blaine Gabbert, and I think he could be better than Blake Bortles 

I think if hes serious he deserves another shot in the NFL. Get him to New Orleans and I think he could be the heir apparent honestly to Brees. 

As part of a 90 man roster with no guaranteed money or anything like that? I don't have an issue with it. I mean, we keep recycling Matt Barkley and Blaine Gabbert, but we're going to draw the line at Johnny Manziel? I wasn't a fan of his ability to translate to the next level, but that's not to say that there isn't possibly some untapped potential there to be an okay quarterback or something. 

Depends on the asking price. If cheap, most certainly. I think he was better than people make him out to be. He was on a talentless unstable Browns team and it's the off the field stuff that doomed him. Not his on-field play. He's better than the other 2nd - 3rd string guys that always find jobs on teams. No reason Manizel shouldn't have a spot if he cleaned himself up (which it seems like he did). 

8 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

nah

he made a living throwing jump balls to Mike Evans and being slightly more athletic than his college peers

He threw like 20% of his college passes to Evans for like 27% of his college yards. Even if everyone one of them were a jump ball (like say, you only watched a few Evans college clips to determine this) the vast majority of Manziel's college game was still without Evans. He was slightly more athletic than the average college QB? Then wouldn't half the league average 1200 rushing yards and 15 rushing TD per season? He has elite quickness for a QB.

Still, I'd have to believe he had his life in order to take him seriously. He does have at least an average NFL arm and probably better than average accuracy so he should be a better than average QB not taking in the variables. He would still have to prove he can be that. I certainly think he could if we're just talking about on the field.

Archived