Would you give Johnny Manziel another shot?

brownie man

Would you give Johnny Manziel Another shot?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Would YOU give him a shot on your team?

• Yes
    • No

On 3/29/2018 at 12:18 PM, brownie man said:

Best 2 teams honestly for Johnny would be  

Jacksonville-hes right now better than Blake Bortles if he can get his head right he can beat him. Jacksonville has enough to do but not too many options. Coughlin great organizational leader 

Saints- Offense ready made for him can backup a stud for a year or two plays inside with a player friendly coach

I'm telling you guys Johnny is better than you think he is. I've seen him play against pros go back to the Kansas City game 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubijVfsblPU

Oh come on. I think he deserves another shot and honestly wouldnt mind giving him one on the Jaguars but he isn't better than Bortles right now

On 7/26/2018 at 7:24 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Oh come on. I think he deserves another shot and honestly wouldnt mind giving him one on the Jaguars but he isn't better than Bortles right now

Hello voice of reason.

Johnny isn't even close to Bortles' level right now, likely never will be. If pointing out just a game here or there Grossman, Cutler, Bradford, and McCown could all look like HoF studs. Have to look at the whole body of work and what the issues really are with the player. 

On 22/07/2018 at 9:50 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

FWIW, Manziel was just traded from the Hamilton Tiger Cats to the Montreal Alouettes. He was buried in Hamilton behind a surprising breakout QB and Montreal is honestly garbage, so he will be starting either this week or the next.  

Let's be honest here...playing QB in the CFL is a game of musical chairs these days and doesn't really mean anything.  What is it now, 19 QBs who have thrown at least 10 passes through 6 games of the year, in a 9 team league???

Man i miss the days where i actually knew who was gonna be the QB for any given team on any given night...it's such a joke now.

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Manziel at halftime: 

9/16, 90 yards, 0 tds, 4 ints, 1 rush for 1 yard.

They started him to fill seats tonight. Dude's been on the team for 11 days, absolutely crazy to expect him to be competitive at this point. The Als are a complete dumpster fire as a whole, they're the CFL equivalent to the Browns. Johnny's shown some flashes, he'll be fine once he settles in. 

2 hours ago, Jaguarfan said:

They started him to fill seats tonight. Dude's been on the team for 11 days, absolutely crazy to expect him to be competitive at this point. The Als are a complete dumpster fire as a whole, they're the CFL equivalent to the Browns. Johnny's shown some flashes, he'll be fine once he settles in. 

While he may have only been on the ALs roster for 11 days he’s been in the league all season. He’s playing on a wider, longer field and frankly he played a dismal game. You can’t expect perfection however you can expect competence. He’s not the first, nor will he be the last QB rushed into action.

While disastrous Manziel did make some decent plays. I’m certain he will improve but I don’t think he will ever be more than a middling QB which given his pedigree and a game that suits his skill set is a disappointment.

Archived