Should the Vikings have kept Case?

aceinthehouse

5 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Cousins is going to get a dose of reality!

Vikings 2018 schedule:

Week 1: Thursday Night Primetime game @Philly=Loss

I've already established that Cousins can't win season openers & is terrible in primetime games. I may put money on this game & I NEVER bet on football.

@Patriots=Loss

No explanation needed.

@Rams=Loss

The Rams have loaded up. I'll be shocked if this isn't a primetime game. This could be a big important Conference game for both teams. Primetime..important..Cousins=loss.

@Lions=Loss

I think Minny ends up splitting with Detroit. Also a dome game.

I think Minnesota does beat Chicago, Jets & Seahawks on the road. 3 wins there.

Although the Seattle game is questionable.

But then @Green Bay=Win

I think they can beat Green Bay on the road.

That's a 4-4 away record with a 3-3 conf. Record & a 2-1 division record.

Now....Home Games

I think they'll split their Division going 3-3

Lions=Win

Bears=Loss

Packers=Loss

I think they can beat Buffalo, Miami & 49ers at home. (I think Garapolo was a complete mirage in his limited time last yr. I do not think the Niners will win 5 games all this yr)

But I think Arizona & New Orleans comes in & beats Minnesota.

That's an 8-8 overall record.

3-3 Divisional record.

5-7 Conference record.

No Playoffs.

Cousins will probably have over 4000 yards passing.

25+ tds

15 or less int's

He'll no doubt have a pretty good yr. Just not enough to win those games that count.

It was his "MO" with us & you guys will see its just who he is.

Great numbers guy, but just can't win when it really matters.

I think the flaw in your theory is that he will have a lot more help with the Vikings than he had in Washington.

On 4/4/2018 at 10:47 PM, Uncle Buck said:

Even I won't say that Rodgers is past his prime at this point.  The pinnacle of his career was 2011, and I don't see him returning to that level, but he should still have a good 3-5 years of elite play left.  One thing that differentiates him from Brady or Manning, however, is that a big strength in his game is his ability to get away from pressure and throw effectively on the run.  I would think that his mobility will start to go as he gets further and further into his thirties.  Although this doesn't mean he will be done because of it, it does mean that he will have to learn to depend more and more on passing from the pocket.  It's not like he is bad in that area.  He is very good from the pocket too.  It will just make him more one-dimensional, and that will make things easier for opposing defenses. 

This may be quite true, but as he settles into his later career, his knowledge of the game will also increase substantially and likely make him even a better QB and I do not think he will loose too much of his mobility, he will still be quick footed in the pocket and much more aware of what teams are trying to do to him.

If he can avoid injuries, I see a couple of more SB's in him, especially as Brady and Big Ben start to really decline!

5 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Cousins is going to get a dose of reality!

Vikings 2018 schedule:

Week 1: Thursday Night Primetime game @Philly=Loss

I've already established that Cousins can't win season openers & is terrible in primetime games. I may put money on this game & I NEVER bet on football.

@Patriots=Loss

No explanation needed.

@Rams=Loss

The Rams have loaded up. I'll be shocked if this isn't a primetime game. This could be a big important Conference game for both teams. Primetime..important..Cousins=loss.

@Lions=Loss

I think Minny ends up splitting with Detroit. Also a dome game.

I think Minnesota does beat Chicago, Jets & Seahawks on the road. 3 wins there.

Although the Seattle game is questionable.

But then @Green Bay=Win

I think they can beat Green Bay on the road.

That's a 4-4 away record with a 3-3 conf. Record & a 2-1 division record.

Now....Home Games

I think they'll split their Division going 3-3

Lions=Win

Bears=Loss

Packers=Loss

I think they can beat Buffalo, Miami & 49ers at home. (I think Garapolo was a complete mirage in his limited time last yr. I do not think the Niners will win 5 games all this yr)

But I think Arizona & New Orleans comes in & beats Minnesota.

That's an 8-8 overall record.

3-3 Divisional record.

5-7 Conference record.

No Playoffs.

Cousins will probably have over 4000 yards passing.

25+ tds

15 or less int's

He'll no doubt have a pretty good yr. Just not enough to win those games that count.

It was his "MO" with us & you guys will see its just who he is.

Great numbers guy, but just can't win when it really matters.

You know that Dome QB's have pretty well all had fairly decent careers and Cousins is moving into to a dome stadium. there is a real chance he could actually be a far better QB when he does not have to worry about weather or wind conditions or a slippery wet field. I believe that is why he chose Minny over a few other teams like the Jets or Denver.

Playing in the dome, I will not be shocked if he puts up 10 or 11 wins and reduces his interceptions considerably!!!

8 hours ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

You guys don't suck until the season starts, then all bets are off. BOOC0.gif

The Vikings are historically very good in the regular season. If we draft well, I think we can win at least 10 games this year. Not sucky.

On 4/8/2018 at 1:58 PM, lavar703 said:

The year before this last one he had DeSean jackson, Pierre Garçon, Jamison Crowder, Jordan Reed and Vernon Davis to throw to. He still threw two interceptions against the giants to keep us out of the playoffs.

I’m happy for Kirk and I think he’ll do well and be loved in Minnesota but this idea that Washington put nothing around him is kinda silly. If we’re speaking team as a whole then okay, but as far as weapons go he had a lot during his time here. 

How about that defense.  1-year of those weapons was great and he put up big time numbers.  What about that defense though?  Largely underwhelming every year he's been there.

59 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

How about that defense.  1-year of those weapons was great and he put up big time numbers.  What about that defense though?  Largely underwhelming every year he's been there.

He had Desean Jackson, Pierre Garcon, Jamison Crowder and Jordan Reed for 2 of the 3 years he started.

And I clearly stated "if we're speaking team as a whole then okay"....

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Without a bad defense, he wouldn't have put up those "big time numbers".

2 minutes ago, Nzd07 said:

Bulk stats sure, but his efficiency is still very good.

When it comes to completion percentage?  Yes. 

Turnovers?  His interception % is acceptable when being asked to throw so much, but his 31 fumbles over the past three years should worry Vikings fans.  For your sake, I hope he can clean that up.

On 4/8/2018 at 12:58 PM, lavar703 said:

The year before this last one he had DeSean jackson, Pierre Garçon, Jamison Crowder, Jordan Reed and Vernon Davis to throw to. He still threw two interceptions against the giants to keep us out of the playoffs.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd take Adam Thelien, Stephon Diggs and Kyle Rudolph over this roster of pass catchers - I mean, no questions asked. 

9 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Maybe it's just me, but I'd take Adam Thelien, Stephon Diggs and Kyle Rudolph over this roster of pass catchers - I mean, no questions asked. 

You would, I wouldn’t. Outside of Theilen, the Redskins pass catchers as a whole over that two year period were certainly more talented. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

You would, I wouldn’t. Outside of Theilen, the Redskins pass catchers as a whole over that two year period were certainly more talented. 

As you said - you would, I wouldn't.

Archived