Dolphins Sign Jay Cutler

CWood21

It's a necessary signing, but there's a serious drop off from Tannehill to Cutler. I mean, we're talking about a 34-year-old that played poorly in five games last year, is coming off of season-ending shoulder injury and hasn't spent the offseason preparing to play football. He's probably their best option due to his familiarity with Gase (though honestly, I think Kaep gives them a better chance to win games), but we shouldn't act as though this swap isn't a real blow to the Dolphins chances of having a solid year.

I've always been a really big fan of Cutler and it's great to see him back in the game. Gase is really the only coordinator who figured out how to use him properly and limited his mistakes. Look for lots of roll outs. 

Loggains ruined the progress he made from 2015. 

21 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Phins fans cant seriously think Tanne still has a shot to start the season still, right? The Miami Herald just reported that it is another partial tear of the same ACL. 

Agreed. There's just no way Cutler is coming out of retirement to backup Tannehill and there's just no way the Dolphins are giving Cutler $10 million if they think there's a real chance Tannehill is ready to go for Week 1 (or really, at any point in the first month or two).

9 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Yes I'm sure he'll be MUCH better than Kaepernick would have been.

He's just been lights out the last...

Oh Jesus he really hasn't been good in a long time.

He's only 1 year removed from having essentially the same season Tannehill just had under Gase.

10 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Yes I'm sure he'll be MUCH better than Kaepernick would have been.

He's just been lights out the last...

Oh Jesus he really hasn't been good in a long time.

He is one year separated from a career year, which he had under Gase.

Archived