The Often Overbearing, But Otherwise Ordinary Offensive Line

SemperFeist

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Dozier hasn't really been bad, right?

I like to think of him as the Anthony Herrera of our oline back in the mid-late 2000s.

Guys like McKinnie, Hutchinson, Birk/Sullivan and Loadholt were able to do enough to make him look like a decent lineman.

Is that a fair comparison?

Dozier hasn’t been good. He hasn’t even been average for most of the season. 

the last two weeks have been better but he’s still the weakest link. 

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
1 minute ago, ArcticNorseman said:

Today was a great example of depth issues.    ONiell went down, Hill came in and all was good.    Hill gets injured and Samia comes in, reshuffle and boom . . . Sack after sack.

Prior to that, Dozier gave up a few pressures . . . . Something like Samia though.   

I don’t think you’re ever going to have enough depth on a game day roster handle losing two tackles. 

At that point reshuffling is automatic, and likely going to lead to issues. Especially late in a game when the defense knows you have to pass. 

11 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I don’t think you’re ever going to have enough depth on a game day roster handle losing two tackles. 

At that point reshuffling is automatic, and likely going to lead to issues. Especially late in a game when the defense knows you have to pass. 

Agreed, but that means the rest of the OL (need 5 at a time) needs to be good all around, not bad in at least one spot......Cousins has been hit hard two games in a row (at least), so It isn't just the end of this game that is a problem....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ArcticNorseman said:

Today was a great example of depth issues.    ONiell went down, Hill came in and all was good.    Hill gets injured and Samia comes in, reshuffle and boom . . . Sack after sack.

Prior to that, Dozier gave up a few pressures . . . . Something like Samia though.   

Wasn't Hill only out one play? I thought he came right back in. 

• Like 1

Just proves how valuable Hill is IMO. Do they feel Udoh is ready to step in for Hill after this year? I have to imagine Hill might want to chase one decent pay day at the age of 28.

Our iOL depth is garbage. Really wish they would've at least kept Elflein on the roster even though he was struggling.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2020 at 9:03 AM, SteelKing728 said:

Something good from the OL!

Ezra looks like a stud out there. I know there's a lot of temptation to move him and O'Neill around the line, but I would be happy if the left them and Bradbury alone and just focused on filing the gap at LG via FA or the Draft. Extend Reiff for two years and make drafting his successor a priority this year or next. 

• Like 2