Boy, the decision to ban watching the prospects get their phone calls has really backfired on the NFL.

Iamcanadian

It has taken most of the immediate emotion out of the draft, the emotion shown by the players and their families when they get that call. 

All for the sake of keeping the pick hidden for another few seconds.

I much preferred seeing the raw emotion when players and their families realized they or their son was the next pick!!! Most of it is lost by the time the player comes on the stage to get his jersey!!! 

There is nothing that can replace instant emotion and the NFL has done away with it???

Just now, TankWilliams said:

yup.  Also, I'm not watching the draft for the emotion behind it, though maybe I'm a heartless ****. 

Nope, I'm there with you. It's cool seeing it sometimes, but as previously said, it can be shown on replay. I posted the vids to McGlinchey getting his call and crying in the 49er forum, and yeah, that was pretty cool...but it wasn't lessened any by the fact that I didn't see it until the embedded video showed up. 

47 minutes ago, ianlewis16 said:

I'm sorry but I just have the exact opposite opinion. That emotion and happiness is still happening, I don't need to see it. I prefer suspense and excitement in my sports shows. 

Agreed. I much rather wait and react when the pick is formally announced and then switch over to the player than to be tipped early with the player reaction. Replays can always show that stuff later.

I personally dont understand the obsession with "tipping" i see on here.  The posts i always see about it make me wonder why they have the volume at all.  If an analyst says anything that remotely turns out true they are "tipping"  The excitement for me is in finding out who is joining my team and a few secs dont make any difference to me, but unlike so many of the younger generation, im not going to expect anybody to accommodate my preferences.  

Archived