Rookie of the Year Predictions

VanS

I'll go with a RB that will get a LOT of volume touches, which narrows it down to either:

Penny or Barkley (Sony is great, but NE uses a bunch of different dudes). IF Guice emerges as the guy in Washington, he's a darkhorse candidate as well.

On defense, I think it will go to a RUSH/LB guy.

I see Chicago being down a lot in the 2nd half this year and Roquan Smith getting a lot of tackles.

Saquon Barkley will go nuts right off the bat I think. 

Roquan Smith in Vic Fangios D is a scary thought. He needs bigs in front of him, and lucky him, he has 335lb Akiem Hicks and 320lb Eddie Goldman. 

Defense: Not to go all homer but Denzel Wars and I think pretty comfortably. 

A) He has brutal stretch of elite WRs so he will get plenty of targets

B) Marshon Lattimore is his big brother and I guarantee he shares/shared insight into the mindset he has to have 

C) He's going to have help with a decent front 4 of Garrett, Ogbah, Ogunjobi and Brantley

Offense: It should be Barkley just because he will have a really good new offensive line, QB and good WRs all he would have to do is be what NYG drafted him to be. My dark horse is Ronald Jones of Tampa

If Rojo impresses early enough, he could emerge as our number one back. He's gonna have to prove to be able to pass block more consistently. But if he does, he should have 300 touches and at least be in the conversation.

But I think it's gonna be Barkley on offense. Eli sucks but you've gotta respect the weapons they have out wide. That should give Barkley enough space to rack up the yards.

Chubb has a chance to get to 10 sacks with Von getting all the attention. He seems like a pretty easy choice on defense. Nobody cares about tackles nearly as much as they do about sacks.

Cant believe so many people are saying Barkley. That Giants line has been a massive weakness for them and we don't know how well the new personnel will work together. I hated the Giants getting Hernandez because I think he has pro bowl potential. But even still he and Solder are new to the organization. 

I think better cases would be Guice or Ronald Jones. 

As for defense. I think Chubb may be hurt by the talent around as opposed to it helping him. 

Edmund's is raw but might do good. I think a better shot at DROY would be Edmunds from the Steelers. Who have a history of producing great defensive players. 2nd I would go with is Derwin. My dark horse and homerish pick is LVE. Dallas is thin at LB and with Lee in the lineup and Jaylon possibly moving to strongside according to rumors. LVE in the middle will have the chance to make a huge impact and lots of plays. 

27 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Cant believe so many people are saying Barkley. That Giants line has been a massive weakness for them and we don't know how well the new personnel will work together. I hated the Giants getting Hernandez because I think he has pro bowl potential. But even still he and Solder are new to the organization. 

I think better cases would be Guice or Ronald Jones. 

As for defense. I think Chubb may be hurt by the talent around as opposed to it helping him. 

Edmund's is raw but might do good. I think a better shot at DROY would be Edmunds from the Steelers. Who have a history of producing great defensive players. 2nd I would go with is Derwin. My dark horse and homerish pick is LVE. Dallas is thin at LB and with Lee in the lineup and Jaylon possibly moving to strongside according to rumors. LVE in the middle will have the chance to make a huge impact and lots of plays. 

Orleans Darkwa ran for 750 yards and 4.4 yards per carry last year behind a worse line in a completely broken offense, and he only started 11 games. I don't think you really "cant believe so many people are saying Barkley".

Archived