Who is your "Surprise" cut and why?

vegas492

3 hours ago, Stevein2012 said:

Rollins has been one of the locked in starting CB pretty much all camp hasn't he?  I believe they had him ahead of Randall before he was concussed and everything I've heard about him is he's had a great camp

I haven't heard much about him this year. Maybe that's a good thing.

3 hours ago, Stevein2012 said:

Rollins has been one of the locked in starting CB pretty much all camp hasn't he?  I believe they had him ahead of Randall before he was concussed and everything I've heard about him is he's had a great camp

Yeah he will likely be the starting slot corner to start the season.

23 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

except that Yancey isn't a lock and Allison is suspended.

I think Yancey has more all around offensive value to be developed, and I count Allison because whoever is the 53rd guy clearly isn't gonna be on the roster for long.

Davis would make the PS IMO.

4 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I guess Kenny Clark would be a surprise cut too. 

No Kenny Clark is really good and Quinton Rollins is not - at least not yet.  Do I really think Rollins will be cut, likely not, but to think he is starter level makes me think the defense will be in for a long long year. 

2 hours ago, gizmo2012 said:

No Kenny Clark is really good and Quinton Rollins is not - at least not yet.  Do I really think Rollins will be cut, likely not, but to think he is starter level makes me think the defense will be in for a long long year. 

so you think there is a realistic chance that Rollins is not one of our top 53 players? That's the only way he could possibly get cut. He is young and cheap.

3 hours ago, fattlipp said:

Based on performance

Fakrell and Spriggs should be gone...but there draft position will give them another year.

Plus, usually you give your draft picks three years before you judge them.  While neither of them look to be superstars, I still think they are going to be solid contributors.  Have a little faith.

3 hours ago, fattlipp said:

Based on performance

Fakrell and Spriggs should be gone...but there draft position will give them another year.

This is just overreaction to the bad pub both these guys are getting lately.

Spriggs is better than Adam Pankey and Robert Leiff. Just because Spriggs isn't a quality starter doesn't mean he should be cut. I understand he was a high draft pick with high expectations but he is still our best LT backup.

Fackrell is the 4th/5th option at outside. He'll have another year for sure.

Until we get talent better than what we have at these positions why would you cut 2nd year players?

4 hours ago, LacyIsGood said:

Nothing against Davis either.  He could still turn out great.  That's just where I am predicting the personnel move.

If you think the bolded, then you don't cut Davis.  Take a look at some of the WR corps around the league, start with the Jets and Bills.  Which WRs can the team not let get away, and which even have a chance to reach the PS (is Davis even eligible)?   To me, right now, Davis is better than Yancy or Dupree.

Geronimo Allison gives us a free spot for a week.  Do we see a McCaffrey, Clark, Yancy, or Dupree on the 53 for a week, then to the PS when Geronimo returns?  

2 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

What's the deal with CB Demetri Goodson ?

He had a bad injury last year and started TC on the PUP list. Does he offer any ST or defensive value ? Do you just keep him on the shelf for 6 weeks and then decide ?

He was looking like a pretty good gunner on ST before he got injured.  He's worth keeping around on PUP then keeping if we have the roster space later due to other injuries if he can even recover from that injury he had.

2 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

What's the deal with CB Demetri Goodson ?

He had a bad injury last year and started TC on the PUP list. Does he offer any ST or defensive value ? Do you just keep him on the shelf for 6 weeks and then decide ?

PUP seems like the easiest option.  Give him extra time to recover, the team more time to assess the others on the 53-man roster and PS.  If an injury occurs and Goodson is the answer for depth and ST play, then activate him, if not release him when his PUP time is up.

Archived