Rather lose in the playoffs or Super Bowl?

jackbauer24

Which you rather lose in?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Which you rather lose in?

• Lose in the playoffs
    • Lose in the Super Bowl

3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I'd want my team to get as far as possible.  If you keep getting to the Super Bowl, eventually you are going to win one.  If you never get there, you never have the chance to be the best.

Bills fans strongly disagree with this. ;)

I'll take a SB loss over the playoffs any day. While a loss in the SB may be absolutely gut-wrenching, you're atleast not left wondering "what if" as you do with a playoff loss. I.e. "I bet we could have beaten X team in the SB". 

3 hours ago, cddolphin said:

As a fan you want your team to go the farthest it can. Wanting them to lose earlier so it 'hurts less' is some pansy logic.

"Its the pansy way to get dumped during the engagement. Real men get stood up at the alter."

21112290.gif

45 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

While this is true, there is nothing worse and more depressing "as a fan" , then losing the SB. Nothing!

I was in grade school for the Raiders SB so it doesn't count in my book. But 04', Sucked!!!!

This. 

You get built up so much just to come crashing down, and it's not like other leagues where you'll often see a team that loses in the championship come back again the following year. It could be quite a while before you get another chance.

I'd be super curious to see what the split would be between fans of different teams. Somehow I think Bills/Pats fans (for example) would say losing a SB would be worse, while fans of say the Colts/Dolphins/Browns may say the opposite.

5 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

I'd be super curious to see what the split would be between fans of different teams. Somehow I think Bills/Pats fans (for example) would say losing a SB would be worse, while fans of say the Colts/Dolphins/Browns may say the opposite.

Yeah I think being a fan of a certain team kind of changes people's perspective a bit. 

As a Niner fan, a couple of years ago I probably would have said lose in the playoffs, just because the niners were undefeated in the Superbowl until kaepernick threw four consecutive fades to Crabtree (who was held with no flag) on the 5 yard line in the fourth quarter with the game on the line....

As someone who was too young to remember/care about the Superbowl win in 94, that one stung. 

now that they've lost a Superbowl and that record doesn't matter, give me the most amount of games for my team. Every game is a couple hours where literally nothing else matters, give me as many of those as physically possible.

There is something to be said about getting to the Superbowl though. It's crazy how much coverage your team gets and there are tons of interesting stats that come out during those two weeks.  

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

Pats fan.... I’d rather be in the Super Bowl. It’s sport. You don’t have a spine if you think you should accomplish less to spare heartbreak 

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:
1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

Yeah I think being a fan of a certain team kind of changes people's perspective a bit. 

If said team has already Won SB's like Miami and Indy, sure. Those that haven't like the Eagles before last season and Browns for example. I sure wouldn't. Mind you Eagles were 4-12 not to long ago. 2004' was infinetly worse!

Bet most would take 0-16 over getting that close and losing. Browns fans which was worse? 0-16 or "The Drive"?

As crappy as it is the whole season to go 0-16 you can chalk it up/justify as a fan that, We sucked! To lose a game you should of Won on your way to or in a SB, catastrophic. IMO.

Super Bowl. Easy, easy answer as a Jets fan. I'm not even 30 and I've already seen the Jets lose in the playoffs half a dozen times. My father was a little kid the last time the Jets were even in the game.

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

If said team has already Won SB's like Miami and Indy, sure.

I mean, Miami hasn't won a SB while I've been alive yet alone a fan. It's not really a part of my fandom. Unless it's part of a 'legacy/prestige' debate but meh.

Archived